Universal Dream Quest (by Peter M Whalen)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 14, 2014.

1. Grudunza

Grudunza Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Can someone explain the Healing talent? I chose it but didn't see it come up anywhere, or as an option to choose. What is that supposed to do?

I still think (as I said many pages ago) that there are too many random deaths on level 1 with certain classes (esp. thief and monk), where no matter what options you choose (or don't choose) you end up dying, but I've been able to win 4 times now, and most of the other classes can breeze through the first level. I'm upping my AppStore review back to 4 stars from 3.

Any news yet of an expansion/sequel?

2. Wehrwolf

Wehrwolf Member

Jun 3, 2014
    The healing talent is an out-of-combat option, its a brown tab on the right side of the screen (similar to a thief's 'Find Treasure' option)

3. nortikdos

nortikdos Member

May 15, 2014
    So I haven't played in a month or so and I was wondering if I was just mentally blocking out random deaths on Floor 1 as Thief since I don't care too much, or if I just really don't die on Floor 1 anymore unless I'm pushing hard for a certain strategy/achievement... so I fired up the game, started brand new account, no achievements, no first floor talent, nothing. Beat Floor 1 first try as Thief. Just to ensure I wasn't "lucky" did it twice more in a row. And just for good measure, I beat floor 3 on that third run too. I think your 'random deaths' are either (a) not very often, or (b) misplays that happened before the death occurred.

Also, some of the spawns I got were pretty terrible -- two level 4s on floor 1 blocking me when I was only level 2... Magmadon as my Floor 2 boss when I was on the play lots of actions plan... It certainly is possible to get a spawn that you just can't beat -- this does happen, but it is much less often than you think, and very rare on Floor 1 if you play correctly.

4. limmyfox

limmyfox Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Agree, sometimes you just need 1 really strong card (like a pierce3 or something) in order to get through floor1. Nothing more, in fact more tends to get you killed... XD

5. Dymonic

Dymonic Active Member

May 8, 2014
    Any news on a expansion in the works?

(also id love to play this on my vita with a full fledge campaign)

6. Riggy

Riggy Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    So has anyone gotten iCloud syncing to work? I've been trying to move my progress from iPhone to iPad, but can't get it to work, and it sounds like others here have the same issues.

7. baelnor

baelnor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2012
    I am still working my way through this brilliant game! I have 8/9 classes unlocked either by buying or completing achievements.

Looking forward to either more patches/content/sequel to this one, but I still have a month of gaming left to unlock everything I think!

8. danron1376

danron1376 Member

Jun 30, 2014
    i wonder how successful this game is.
    would love to see a sequel or an expansion with new cards.

9. Dymonic

Dymonic Active Member

May 8, 2014
    I made this because... Of that feeling.

Attached Files:

10. limmyfox

Sep 11, 2011
    Hahahahaha, good one!

11. danron1376

danron1376 Member

Jun 30, 2014
    I wonder what you guys think about the idea of having wandering monsters?
    that is, when you move 1 space, there is a chance that these monsters also move to a different spot, but not always. the point is that it creates a tension where they have a chance to run into you and force a battle when you are not ready.

12. Johnsson1975

Johnsson1975 Member

Jun 14, 2014
    There is already monsters that ambushes you, in my opinion that is enough. Especially when they are 2 lvl over you. The cat ppl is nasty.

13. Puzzlemonkey

Puzzlemonkey New Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Priest starting deck?

I swear my priest starting deck has changed...

It's now

5 x attack 1
    2 x attack 2
    1 x mana 1
    Prayer of violence
    Orison

What did I do? This can't be right. Can it?

14. danron1376

danron1376 Member

Jun 30, 2014
    the more you play the more bonuses you get, like having your character start with more powerful cards

15. Puzzlemonkey

Puzzlemonkey New Member

Jul 19, 2014
    But, I remember my priest having 3 mana cards initially, like the Wizard. Having them replaced with three bad attack cards is a nightmare. Am I remembering wrong?

16. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Hi

I think it is the normal starting set. Btw I don't think starting cards change as you progress, only mana and money.

In the last update there were some changes made to the priest, maybe there was a change then? But I think the priest never had mana cards.

17. Puzzlemonkey

Puzzlemonkey New Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Thanks. I'm sure you're right. I installed it on another device, and the priest had the same deck. I must just have misremembered it.

18. limmyfox

Sep 11, 2011
    I always delete the 2mana card first before deleting the 1attack card. ><

19. vanAdamme

vanAdamme New Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Any word on an update? I'm really looking forward to getting the sync feature working.

20. Dymonic

Dymonic Active Member

May 8, 2014
    Hello to everyone, if you happen to use reddit I made a subreddit for dream quest

http://www.reddit.com/r/DreamQuestIOS/

Share stories, pics, tactics or whatever.