Universal Drawn Down (by Studio Hazy)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Graham Hayes, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Graham Hayes

Graham Hayes Active Member

Aug 19, 2014
    Hi, this is my latest game it's a point and click adventure set in the near future. If you liked games like Gemini Rue you'll enjoy this one. It's a universal app, and I've done the best I can for the iPhone experience, but it's best played on the iPad.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/drawn-down/id1434188115

Trailer:

Drawn Down

Studio Hazy
    It's 2036 and technology continues to spiral out of control. London's criminals find new ways to stay ahead of the polic…
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    It's 2036 and technology continues to spiral out of control. London's criminals find new ways to stay ahead of the police, but with the imminent introduction of the Damocles Armoured Fighting Robot to the police, what new scheme will they come up with next? Nathan Jordan is a composite artist who works as a consultant for the police, his quiet life is about to be shattered when his missing brother suddenly reappears in his life. Unfortunately his brother is being held hostage. Compelled by guilt from his past, Nathan will stop at nothing to get his brother back. With the police, a global crime organisation called The Syndicate, and the mysterious art thief known as The Wolf all in Nathan's path, the situation is looking grim. Features: Engaging story and rich sci-fi world Memorable characters fully voiced Original soundtrack by Jonathan Rock Glorious pixel art, but a modern adventure Composite art mini-game Developer commentary
    Information
    Seller:Studio Hazy
    Genre:Adventure, Role Playing
    Release:Aug 30, 2018
    Updated:Aug 28, 2022
    Version:1.6
    Size:280.2 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Soundtrack:

https://soundcloud.com/adymusaudio/sets/drawn-down-ost-2019

Oh, you made it to the bottom, well do I have something special for you. For every question about the game, indie development or anything really I will answer your question and DM you a download code for Drawn Down.

Gambler and Gwarmaxx like this.
  2. revok

revok Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    UK

How long is the game and what is it similar to theme etc?

3. Graham Hayes

Aug 19, 2014
    First play though should take about 2 hours. I'd say Gemini Rue is a main influence, also Ghost in the Shell and the Blackwell games.

4. Asp

Asp Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
    How many people worked on Drawn Down and who did the voice acting?

5. Graham Hayes

Aug 19, 2014
    The game was mostly done by myself over a 3 year period. I had one guy do some of the art, one to do the soundtrack, two more for help with the writing. I think there is 21 voice actors playing the characters in game, you can see who's who in the credits ;)

Asp likes this.
  6. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    is the adventure long enough (like in the old days), or a short story only?

7. Graham Hayes

Aug 19, 2014
    It's a short story, should only take 2 hours, the puzzles are a lot simpler compared to the old days too :)

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    What’s the install size ? Also will you do a sequel ?

9. Graham Hayes

Aug 19, 2014
    It's about 300MB, I have written a fair amount for a potential sequel. I'm currently working on porting Drawn Down to Windows so the sequel is on the back burner for now.

10. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Just played through the game. The puzzles aren’t too hard but you still gotta pay attention. I needed about 3 or 3 1/2 hours for my playthrough (estimate). Don’t regret the purchase at all. There aren’t as many new classical point’n’clicks nowadays anyway and Drawn Down definitely was a nice distraction. Looking forward to more Studio Hazy adventures.

Graham Hayes and Gwarmaxx like this.
  11. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    hey Gambler, i'm stuck on the printer puzzle, can't figure out the next move... already go to that room with the interface to switch on or off devices through label number, but nothing happens.

anyway, all in this game is really good, the old pixellated style art, voices, story... congrats to the dev!

Gambler likes this.
  12. Graham Hayes

Aug 19, 2014
    I’m glad you’re enjoying it!

Have you put the paper in the printer? If Nathan doesn’t let you then you haven’t turned off the correct printer.

13. Asp

Asp Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Took me a while to sort out the printer as well! Now I can see it’s going to take me all night to short-circuit the gallery security :)

Really good adventure though. The voice actors are doing a great job. Nathan, with his ‘Arthur Dent’ manner, and the overly cheerful robots remind me of Hitchikers Guide. Looking forward to meeting Damocles at some point.

Gwarmaxx and Graham Hayes like this.
  14. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Hi mate,

sorry wasn’t online yesterday - Not sure which puzzle you mean exactly. Did you already figure it out?

Do you mean the puzzle where you gotta turn off the printer so Wayde leaves the room?
    There you just gotta enter the number of the printer (93) into the screen/terminal on the 1st floor and disconnect Wade’s printer

On the other hand from what we chatted so far you’re a pretty advanced adventure player so you probably mean a different puzzle but another one having to do with the printer completely eludes me atm even though I’m thinking really hard about it.

If you haven’t solved it yet could you give me a little more info? I’m sure I’ll remember then but I’m drawing a complete blank right now (played a bit of the game already being pretty tired just before going to bed, guess the puzzle in question was during that timeframe :) ).

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  15. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    hi Gambler, thanks for the answer!

yeah, figured out the label thing, the number to turn on/off the printer... and then what?

Gambler likes this.
  16. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #16 Gambler, Sep 5, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    Ah ok, just reloaded an old savegame and replayed the section. As I’m not sure on which part of the puzzle you’re stuck on I start with the club and end with the printer (they’re connected)

Did you use the club matchbook you had picked up in the interrogation room on your TV in your appartment? If you do that you get the club as new location. Then go to the club, talk to the female bouncer about you being a cop. She wants an ID badge for proof.

Only then the following scenes will trigger: You can share your wine with Wayde right after that (after talking to him about your birthday, not sure if you can do this before the bouncer conversation but I did it after).

Anyway after you shared the wine and want to leave the room Wayde asks if you can do him a favor and can get him printer paper. So you go down to 1F, pick up printer paper, use the TV terminal there, search for number 93 and disconnect his printer.

After that you go up again, put the paper into the printer and talk to Wayde. He gets annoyed about the printer and eventually leaves the room to check with the tech department. After that you get the ID out of his jacket.

Really hope that helped!

If you ever get stuck somewhere else or this didn’t help please just feel free to ask again here or write me a PM. I have manually saved quite regularily so even if I’d have forgotten a solution I can rather easily check again/re-remember :)

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  17. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

ok, thanks again... but i've done all of that except for the paper (thought i need some paper for the printer) that can't find it anywhere, not even on the A4 boxes where actually it should be, right?

Gambler likes this.
  18. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Yeah, the A4 box in the front. That‘s very weird. Maybe this is a bug? Usually you should be able to take the paper out of the first A4 box without any issue.

https://imgur.com/a/CODT8a9

What does he say when you click on the box in your game?

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  19. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

Attached Files:

Gambler likes this.
  20. Graham Hayes

Aug 19, 2014
    I'm so sorry! You've found a bug!!!! I've fixed and put a little check in so that your save game will still work and you can continue from there being able to get the paper. This was a problem with the animation system, my fault for not catching it in this instance as I did know about it! I'm currently uploading the fix to Apple, look for version 1.2 in your updates, I'll post again once Apple have cleared it.

Sorry again!

Gwarmaxx and Gambler like this.