Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Won three straight vials tonight to get me to stage 3!!

2. Crusty

Crusty Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Finally got last piece of stage two this evening, then got two parts of stage three straight away, getting there slowly! :)

3. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    Four pieces to go. Hopefully I'll have Gaia by the weekend.

4. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Arg! I still have 3 vials to find :mad: You guys are way ahead of me.
    And now we have new dragons galore to beat the clock to get:eek:

5. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    I am finally on the last stage but only one piece a day and I pick the wrong chest.

Just realized that the new Galaxy dragons are available twice (Nebula on 5/4 and 5/8, etc) I was able to breed the Nebula so after the wizards are done offering the new Galaxy (5/12) I will check and see if anyone needs it for co-op.

Now need to figure out the combo for Shield, hopefully will be posted soon. So many new dragons !!

6. Crusty

Crusty Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Shield combo is hydra and hail, not sure whether it's a limited time dragon. I have Gaia sitting on her nest, I gave in and bought the last piece with gems! And I got lucky with two nebula dragons, but rayleian is proving a bit more elusive

7. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    #9027 jtfields, May 6, 2016
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
    I got Gaia day before yesterday, no gems...just luck.

Shield is limited. Love the Captain America nod.

The new Galactics are not limited, they are permanent. What is limited is the new BFS friends offering them to you. This makes sense for BFS to do this because otherwise the only way to get one would be to create a new account and hope to get one or buy one. This happened with Comet, everyone just created new accounts until they got one so that they could then share it back to their main account on the Coop. I'm guessing BFS will do this for new Galactics from now on to avoid all the fake new accounts.

One thing, the odds seem really good on these new Galactics. I got them both right away. My guess is after this event the odds will revert to normal terrible Galactic odds. BFS has just given better odds on them now to make sure they get out there in the wild. Just a guess.

8. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    Still need 6 pieces to finish Gaia :(

I think you are right about the Galactics being better breeding odds, I managed to get all 4 of them.
    Had to use a few gems to verify I had them and to keep my nursery open but it was worth it. If anyone needs them after the 11th let me know and I will put them up in co-op. Now to work on Shield.

9. Deeneez

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Anyone get a Nether yet? What combo was used?

And I finally got the final piece for Gaia..Yay! Nice have that extra nest and that hatch early option :D

10. Deeneez

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    I love that Nether is ode to the Dark Horse comics Hellboy. It kinda looks like Hellboy...and when I read about the pancakes, yup, I knew for sure!

11. Crusty

Crusty Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    I got one with earth and sulphur, after about five attempts. Long fails though
    Anyone got a nebula or rayleian they could put in the co-op please, I need to complete my galactic collection

12. Deeneez

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Wow! I think Dawnbringer is the most beautiful one yet:)

13. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    Still working on one.

14. Crusty

Crusty Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Wow great to see you guys posting, I thought this forum had been abandoned! I'm desperately trying to breed a Dawnbringer, but will buy if I have to! Just need more Olympic habitats to house all the event dragons :D

15. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    I had to buy Dawnbringer.

This forum is not completely abandoned but pretty close to it.

16. Deeneez

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Omgosh! Did you see that Dawnbringer changes to purple colors if the sky is dark?!?! Wow!:eek:

I'm trying desperately to get my second Mountain Sun and Iron Blossom before event ends. And I need another habitat too! I spent a lot of rings to get the statue to up the levels of the Epics

17. Deeneez

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Yay! I got all the dragons I need from the event. I'm trying to save up the last of my rings this week for the treats greenhouses.

Any request for the community cave?

18. Deeneez

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    It's hard enough looking for all those little pumpkins on this event... but finding that Whitbee wizard is killing me!

I do hate that Game Center is no longer ...... but I do love that all my friends here are still showing in DragonVale.

19. jtfields

Sep 29, 2010
    I didn't realize Game Center is no more. I haven't updated to iOS 10 yet. How do you friend people now? That may explain why I haven't ever seen a response to a request I sent out a couple of weeks ago.

20. Deeneez

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    #9040 Deeneez, Oct 20, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    My understanding is they expect each game company to setup their own way of inviting friends.
    Game Center is still support...running behind the scenes... so our game friends are still connected to our games. but we no long can invite, see what games our old friends play, no more leadership boards. Bummer!

I know Backflips uses Facebook for connecting other friends, we may have to friend each other here if some reason apple stops running Game Center behind the scenes. I would hate to loose all my dragonvale friends after being here for 5 years collecting them!