Dragonvale: Friend requests only (use other Dragonvale threads to discuss/question)

Discussion in 'MMO Codes and 'Add Me' Requests' started by darren12, Aug 31, 2011.

1. darren12

darren12 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Yeah me too especially with 90 dragonvale friends each person gets 1 gem from me a month!

2. Gdtn

Gdtn Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Or at least let us send like 10. 3 just isn't enough, if you're trying to be fair.

3. Omeloon

Omeloon New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    So where are you guys and gals getting the air dragon? Is it a basic dragon that becomes available after a certain level?

4. eastcoast88

eastcoast88 New Member

Sep 2, 2011
    I did buy $5 in gems when I was breeding to upgrade the hatchery to hold more eggs but gold.. I wouldn't call it a glitch it's meant to be apart of the game, although it might be a little rigged

5. eastcoast88

eastcoast88 New Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Read the forum don't just jump on and ask questions that have been answered....

Page 4 has a complete list of dragons except of course the rainbow

6. Omeloon

Omeloon New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    I was pretty surprised to get silver medals with my level 7 plant for the plant event and level 7 moss for the earth event. I guess you either need the boost or a level 10?

7. Gdtn

Gdtn Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    #67 Gdtn, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
    So far I've only gotten gold medals. I used a lvl 7 plant for the plant one, and I used a lvl 7 poison for the earth and still got gold. Weird

I also don't have any of the boosts yet, seems kinda a waste ATM for me.

8. Gdtn

Gdtn Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Any tips on how to makes lots of gold then? Lol. also just wondering...I know the first upgrade for the nursery is 10 gems, but how much is it the second time? Like if I bought the 1.99 gem pack, could I upgrade twice? Thanks :)

9. Omeloon

Omeloon New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Good to know, maybe there's still some element of luck to it. I guess it would be a bit too simple if you just got easy gold after easy gold

I bought the plant boost just because I like how it looks. I'm trying to have a bit of forest/jungle look on one of my islands, so thought it was cool enough to buy.
    And honestly, there doesn't seem to be a lot worth spending money on, so I figured I wouldn't miss it; especially since I was rewarded $100,000 after spending $250k.

10. shoikan

shoikan New Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Has anyone actually figured out how to increase park value? How items/buildings/dragons impact your overall value?

11. Lao-shu

Lao-shu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Update on the crashing situation: I heard back from the developer, and he said that having the entry portal blocked so visitors couldn't move around was causing the crash, so he had moved it farther out into the island, and it should work now.

...unfortunately, it doesn't. It's still crashing the second I open it. I have no idea what's wrong, now. :-(

12. eastcoast88

eastcoast88 New Member

Sep 2, 2011
    the second upgrade is 25 gems. best way to make money is by selling bred dragons, they're free to make so it's all gold

13. eastcoast88

eastcoast88 New Member

Sep 2, 2011
    No i can't seem to figure out how to increase my park value. I only increased by 30M in a day. I'll update with values soon dragonvale is crashing now that i hit lvl 17 i might end up selling everything and starting over

14. Gdtn

Gdtn Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Okay thank you! Do you have a specific dragon you like to breed for money?

Thanks for the gem, I'll send you one once I can again :)

15. Lao-shu

Oct 27, 2010
    If you breed the sonic dragon, I believe it sells for a lot--can't remember exactly how much. I only hatched one extra, as Dragonvale crashed the first time I hatched one, and I didn't get the task completion bonus. But you have to breed it AND move it into a habitat, THEN sell it, not breed it and then select "sell," once the egg matures. For some reason, you get less when you sell an egg you didn't hatch out into a habitat.

16. eastcoast88

eastcoast88 New Member

Sep 2, 2011
    #76 eastcoast88, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
    He's right u can make 1 million gold every 45 mins by constantly breeding and selling the sonic dragon.

NOTE: You need to put it in a habitat before you sell or it will only be worth 15k

DOUBLE NOTE: You can also sell that whole tier of dragons for 1 million gold the sonic has the fastest incubation time though so sonic=money

17. Lao-shu

Oct 27, 2010
    One more update on the crashing issue: I have now been told that there seems to be a memory usage issue, but that there will be an update coming soon, which addresses that. So, for anyone else getting crashes, there does seem to be light at the end of the tunnel. :)

18. Gdtn

Gdtn Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Alright, this is very good to know. Thank you so much. Right now the best dragon I can breed for money is the firefly which sells for 100k. Guess I just have to lvl up just a bit. I assume the air dragon you get at, 15 or 16.

19. shoikan

shoikan New Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Eastcoast88,

I noticed this morning you were only at 15million on the leaderboard. A few hours later I found you around 50m+ so I figured you did something right! You should accept my gamecenter friend invite so I can lurk around your islands and maybe figure it out.

20. eastcoast88

eastcoast88 New Member

Sep 2, 2011
    air is water and fire mixed you get water at a late level can't remember which