Dragonvale: Friend requests only (use other Dragonvale threads to discuss/question)

Discussion in 'MMO Codes and 'Add Me' Requests' started by darren12, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Gdtn

Gdtn Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    I have a feeling the combination for the rainbow dragon is different for each player. I've tried the combos that worked for other players, but have had no luck :(

2. Omeloon

Omeloon New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Wow, just moved a LOT of dragons around. Kind of hard to do with only 1 or 2 open spots with my habitats. Didn't realize the building boosts which negatively effect water dragons also effect air dragons. I should have guessed that hybrid dragons are also effected by the boost buildings, but didn't think it through.

The boost buildings are a bit confusing, as certain dragons that are negatively effected by boosts show that they rake in -7 coins, which isn't true but a bit misleading. I guess such a dragon produces 7 coins less than it normally would, but it's hard to tell what they really make unless you move them first. Had to re-decorate a bit to make the adjustments.

3. Alex6465

Alex6465 New Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Hey guys, i didn't know this game had a forum till i found this, Add me if you can because i need money , GC : Alex6465 . Will give gifts everytime i get one , thanks and goodluck with hatching lots of rainbow dragons!

4. Gdtn

Gdtn Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    I noticed this too, I didn't bother to move around anything though as it doesn't make a huge difference when you already have millions more than you can spend :p

5. Gdtn

Gdtn Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    #365 Gdtn, Sep 14, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
    Does anyone have two rainbow dragons yet? I'd like to know if you could just breed them together to get more...I'd assume you could, just wondering though

Also, how do the boosts effect them?

6. roxanne_85

roxanne_85 New Member

Sep 14, 2011
    All I get when I breed a earth and plant dragon is a tree dragon. How do you make one over the other? Or is it random?
    Also I added a few of you.... I am roxanne_85 on GC. Add me!

7. Omeloon

Omeloon New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Hmm good questions. I haven't even tried to breed two of the same hybrid dragons together yet. Would breeding together two poison dragons guarantee a poison dragon? If not, that would pretty much mean two rainbow dragons could net you absolutely anything.

ps haha yeah, I should have just kept my dragons where they are. I don't spend money just to get experience by building air habitats, so my money is really just collecting dust.

8. Verifed

Verifed Member

Sep 8, 2011
    it probably wont let you combine the same types.

9. Malloryandrews

Malloryandrews New Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Leaderboard #65

Add me as a friend malloryandrews

10. Gdtn

Gdtn Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    #370 Gdtn, Sep 14, 2011
    Well, if you breed two air dragons together, I'm pretty sure it's just always an air dragon you get...same with plant, earth and fire. So rainbow dragons should be the same since it just shows up as one type also

11. CobaltEarthgem

CobaltEarthgem New Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Something I have noticed, which I have not seen in the messages here is the level issue in making hybrids. I know I have seen a bunch of folks saying they have a flower, but can't get poison to save their lives, "regardless of order". What I have noticed is that dragon level seems to be at least as important as which dragon you select first. If I want flower I breed my Level 7 Fire with my Level 6 Plant and I get Flower, first try. If I want Poison then I breed my Level 7 Plant with my level 6 Fire and I get poison, first try. I'm still building (haven't gotten air yet even) so I have not had a chance to spam breedings to confirm, but since I figured this out I have not had a single "misbreed".

Hope this helps my fellow players!

I'd love to get more GC friends to help each other in Dragonvale! My name there is the same as here.

12. Avinsara

Avinsara New Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Since the developers are still following this thread, one thing I think would make life easier is when you go through your friends list, if their name could pop up on their island. Sometimes I end up visiting the same person twice or skipping people because I can't remember who I have and have not clicked on. For what it's worth ;)

13. alteredfrog

alteredfrog Member

Sep 14, 2011
    #373 alteredfrog, Sep 14, 2011
    Worksheets

I stumbled onto this thread when trying to find info about the elusive and mysterious rainbow dragon. I hope my luck is better then some of those I've read in the 37 previous pages.

I decided to make a few spreadsheets and keep track of some details to be efficient with what you start with and minimize frustration when you have to wait 12 hours or more for something to hatch. So here it is for everyone to view

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjY0EUvzWMgmdHJJbTBkS0h6NS0teTJELVVvTDAtMHc&hl=en_US

There are several sheets in that document so look around. I'll keep adding to it and adding some notes, strategies and clarifications along the way.

I currently don't have many GC friends, I usually only play with immediate family so feel free to add me "alteredfrog" and I'll gladly accept gifts if you found the worksheets useful and I'll try to repay the favor if I can.

Good luck hunting the rainbow dragon all!

P.S. If you see any mistakes please let me know

14. CobaltEarthgem

CobaltEarthgem New Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Great spreadsheet alteredfrog!

15. GcMartini

GcMartini New Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Help!

Hey guys!
    I've added a majority of you on this forum to my Game Center and it doesn't show up in DragonVale. I know that their have been previous threads about this but restarting my iPod doesn't work for me. Any ideas?

16. alteredfrog

alteredfrog Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Double click the home button and kill the dragonvale app and try again. That's worked for me each time there's been an issue with dragonvale so far

17. Bones2375

Bones2375 New Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Ahhhhh this is frustrating I have every dragon except the rainbow . If you guys dont have me add me it's Bones2375

18. Fairskye

Fairskye New Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Oooh, this is really cool :O
    I'm still in need of the darn air dragon though ):<

So... if you want to add me, Im Fairskye. :D

19. B3lal

B3lal New Member

Sep 6, 2011
    hey ALTEREDFROG great work on the sheets. but plz make a slide/sheet just for info on the rainbow dragon with a bunch of different data tables to help us figure out how to find the dumb rainbow dragon

20. Piscinarii

Piscinarii Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Excellent work sir! I am looking through it now and all the data looks correct. Thanks for putting this together. Sent you an invite too!

Any word on a US release? I would like to actually buy some crystals. :p