Universal Dragon Quest IV (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Hero Killer Id

Hero Killer Id Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Just defeated Psaro and can now say I completed DQ4. At this point I'm unsure if I'm going to go after the Fungeon and bonus character.

I had a lot of fun with it though and am greatly looking forward to the rest of the titles getting released.

2. chumpop

chumpop Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2013
    Eep... a bit late to the party, but since getting this game I haven't updated my ios software to ios 8.x, fearing it'll introduce bugs or something of the sort to the game. Has anyone tried playing DQIV while running ios 8x? Any negative changes? :confused:

3. ElPumo

ElPumo Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    Author
    Harrisburg, PA
    No issues since changing to iOS 8 on my iPhone 5c.

4. chumpop

chumpop Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2013
    Awesome! Thanks for replying.

5. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    My iCloud saves don't seem to be working between my 5S and iPad Mini. :(

6. Corvec

Corvec New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Has anyone played this on the iPhone 6+? How does it look there? Is it a blurry mess, or does the fact that it's using pixel art save it?

7. Cid_X

Cid_X Member

Apr 28, 2009
    I'm about to pull the trigger but I would like to know this as well. Anyone playing on a 6+?

8. jesse_dylan

jesse_dylan Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2014
    I haven't played it on a 6+, but I've played it on an iPad Mini. It doesn't actually use pixel art for the environments. Most of it is HD polygonal. The sprites are actually what look worst, but they don't look any worse than they did before. I've never liked this pseudo ps1 era 3d look. But it looks the same as always here, arguably the best it's ever looked. It'll look as good on a 6+ as anything. Great game. You don't buy it because of the graphics.

9. Keitch83

Keitch83 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    I'm playing on 6+ and it looks good,upgraded from 5 to the 6+ and it doesn't take anything away from the game at all.

10. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    I'm finally getting around to playing this and I wanna do it with minimal walkthrough usage, but I'd like to know about any good secrets or tips about missable stuff I might want. Anyone got anything good to tell me??

I'm only a little ways into Chapter 2 right now.

11. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    #231 ImLegend, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
    http://www.supercheats.com/nintendods/walkthroughs/dragonquestivchaptersofthechosen-walkthrough01.txt

that's the guide I'm using, still playing around late chapter 6, spent over 30+ hours now.

and this is the map, it is pretty helpful too
    [​IMG]

12. Retro Nug

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
  13. Retro Nug

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Well, I still haven't finished this game yet but I recently came back to it and I just got Ragnar in my party during Chapter 5. I am sofaking glad that I did the money "trick" with Torneko now that I'm this far in the game. Not having to grind gold forever is really nice. ##