Universal Dragon Quest II (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 8, 2014.

1. D-Back

D-Back Member

Dec 19, 2008
    #61 D-Back, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
    Dragon Quest II (by Square Enix)

For the crash issue, I found that after resuming from a save, then immediately talk to the king and save, it will fix it.

2. jesse_dylan

jesse_dylan Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Think I'll wait for an update. I get a crash in Leftwyne if I talk to the people in the building to the left as soon as you walk into town. Kind of ridiculous.

Also, how come there are so many fake Dragon Quests on the App Store? They come up in searches higher than most of the real Dragon Quests. Can't Square Enix take legal action?

3. TouchNoodle

TouchNoodle Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Hi all,

I have 4 of the 5 crests and the false idol. But the flame won't let me pass to the cave to Rhone. Anyone else have this issue or advice?

Please, so close and stuck!

4. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    You need the fifth crest before you can enter. It's been moved in the remake so that you can't screw yourself over like you could in the original. Check the important castles for clues. Let me know if you want a more direct spoiler.

5. PerfChick

PerfChick New Member

Jul 29, 2016
    Game still crashes after every fight. It is very disappointing, DQ I had no crashes at all. #

6. yawmush

yawmush New Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 23, 2016
    Looks like they fixed the crash bug with the update they just pushed through.I started playing this again today from the start and hit level 7 with no crashes. Also, not sure if this was the case with II before, but I know it's not the case with I, I can play the game while listening to my own music/book. Was thrilled for that last part.

7. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Bought the first DQ trilogy while it was on sale for the holidays. I think Shaun's criticism of the second installment is spot on. The first DQ was a tighter more focused game because of its simplicity, making it much easier to enjoy. This also made it easier to appreciate its quirks as a historical example of the genre, including the old school difficulty and Nintendo-logic problems you're faced with.

Part 2 has failed repeatedly to get its hooks into me. It feels much looser, I'm guessing because this is the first game in the series with a party and multiple foes at once. It also doesn't seem quite as charming as the first entry in the series, and why the heck does the main character wear what looks like a uniform from the biplane era of fighter planes complete with goggles?

Getting through this sucker is going to be like eating the green beans after finishing the last bite of mashed potatoes and gravy while eyeing the delicious meatloaf ahead.

I guess the point of this post is to encourage others to skip the second, or for someone to share why playing this game is necessary other than for completionism's sake.