Universal Dragon Quest II (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 8, 2014.

1. DQ IV is in 3D whaaat ? I missed something ?
    Already played DQ Monster on DS back in time. It was great. But i don't see me playing 3D games on iOS because of the camera to move. I have an iPad 3 so no MFi controller for me.

2. jesse_dylan

jesse_dylan Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2014
    You don't need a controller for DQ IV, I promise. It's Psone style 3d from overhead. Not my favorite look at all but it certainly looks better on iOS than it did on play station or DS.

Which monsters did you play? Joker? I loved joker and joker 2, but the first two DQ monsters are my favorites.

3. jesse_dylan

Jun 4, 2014
    iPhone 6. No battle sound effects for sure.

Edit: correction! All is working fine now! Strange. Sure is a fun game. So much snazzier and snappier than the GBC version!

4. Shaban

Shaban Active Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Game developper
    Geneva
    Nostalgic feelings when looking at this game :)

5. ElPumo

ElPumo Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    Author
    Harrisburg, PA
    Less brutal than original? Do you get an item bag?

6. FRnchFRy

FRnchFRy Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Don't know if I should get this or reckless racing 2 (not 3 because of multiplayer.) which one will last longer lol

7. Seriously ? Guess man, RPG or arcade race game ? I think you know the answer.

8. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    The Rpg's experience is unique, no comparison between a racing game, and like also racing games, but no comparison with a classic rpg

9. Hero Killer Id

Hero Killer Id Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Super hyped for this but unfortunately broke for the next couple weeks. So now we play the waiting game. I finished 1 and 4 IOS already.

10. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Anyone else getting lots of crashes? I got the prince and both our inventories were full and I wanted to sell some stuff, every time I would talk to a shop (even the inn) it would crash. I went in the menu and dropped an item and it worked fine after.

11. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Between that and the sound glitch, it seems like the English version of DQII is based on the release version in Japan, not the patched one. Hopefully they push the patch through for us soon.

12. goggles

goggles Active Member

Mar 28, 2013
    I found both of those glitches and have work arounds while we wait for patches. If you get no sound effects, close the game and double click home, close the app, then reopen. I also had the shop keeper glitch. The only work around I found that works for me was to save the game with a king or a scribe, close the game, remove it from background apps, reload and then I am able to interact with shop keepers again. The shop keeper one seems to be related to using auto save and quick save, for me. Hope that helps everyone.

13. Finished Dragon Quest I. Do i start now the 2nd one or i wait ?

14. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Sure, do it up.

15. Ok i'll start then. I'm asking because of the sound issues. Sounds are very important for me. Hope it'll work fine.

16. And i can't play... Because the game keep crashing when i'm talking to merchant...come on i want to play this gem [emoji33]

17. jesse_dylan

Jun 4, 2014
    I hope they patch it soon. This is kind of ridiculous.

18. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Is your inventory full? If it is, try dropping something. Otherwise, try talking to a King to make a normal save, force-closing the app, and using "Venture Forth" to resume your game.

And yes, this is pretty ridiculous. This was already patched months ago in the JP version.

19. ineptidude

ineptidude Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Trees
    USA
    Do a random battle or two. That usually prevents crashes for me.

20. Dragon Quest II (by Square Enix)

I'll try that. Thank you all guys !