Universal Dragon Quest I (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 10, 2014.

1. orion el pastor

Sep 25, 2014
    Wow! great surprise! This saga is absolutely awesome :D

2. jesse_dylan

jesse_dylan Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2014
    #102 jesse_dylan, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
    Really? Their 1.0.1 update is to change the title from Dragon Quest I to Dragon Quest? Come on, Enix. Fix the bugs and sprite scaling and stop messing with the titles. Call it Dargon Wuest for all I care.

Needs cloud save like IV and VIII too.

3. defunct32

defunct32 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2013
    The app was updated but only chaging the title, my goodness, is SE aware of the random though infrequent BUT still annoying crashes in the game?

4. jesse_dylan

jesse_dylan Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2014
    What really irks me is that the Japanese versions have all had updates (DQ 2 anyway), yet we're stuck with versions 1.0. It just seems like they put in such little effort. I'm thrilled to have these games, but their lack of attention is saddening.

5. I finished this game without any bugs. You can buy it. This not the case of the 2nd episode sadly...

6. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I just finished this as well, no bugs encountered here either.

I enjoyed it, there were two parts where I had to do some grinding and then I got lucky during the boss fight by nailing a nice critical.

I really enjoy old school games but a lot of the RPGs you really have no clue what to do unless you look up for help. I remember this one from my childhood for the most part though.

7. SpeedWeed

SpeedWeed Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2013
    The mountain cave is different?

Can't find the fighters ring??

8. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Yes, they changed the maps in the remakes. Go find a map from the GBC version, it's the same as that one.

9. DeNappa

DeNappa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Netherlands
    I can't seem to get in the shrine at the south east continent, this guy keeps beaming me out because I haven't got the birthright or something. What am i missing? I am wearing Erdrick's armour and already have the sunstone and rainstaff, i suspect i must use them in that shrine to create a bridge. Any tips?

10. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    You need the Mark of Erdrick. It can be found by searching a particular tile on the world map. Someone in Cantlin will give you a clue as to exactly where, but you might also need the love of a princess to help you pinpoint it. Good luck!

11. DeNappa

DeNappa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Netherlands
    #111 DeNappa, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    Ah, I didn't make the effort to check the exact coordinates the guy specified, as I thought he was talking about Garinham and the harp as it is also in that general direction. Thanks.

/edit: Gah, I misread it, it was on the other side of the map. I thought he meant it was that much paces north and west from the castle, but it was the other way around (the castle was north and west from the point of interest). I feel stupid now ^_^.