Universal Dragon Quest I (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 10, 2014.

1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I'm level 8, and I haven't been able to flee from him or even get a good hit on him. And I've tried a few times now. :-/

2. defunct32

defunct32 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Does anyone else game crash often? Square needs to get their shit together.

3. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Haven't had any of these Dragon Quest games crash on me. But I'm on a 5s. What device and iOS version do you have?

4. Mullet_Mcgee

Mullet_Mcgee Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Puppy
    Sand Zone
    Yup. Crashes whenever I use the menus too much, or fool around in my inventory for too long.

5. AppStoreNinja

AppStoreNinja Member

May 10, 2013
    I'm shocked that SE isn't charging 17.99 and breaking the game up into DLC packs. It's funny how they listed that as a selling point too, as if to say, "Look we're not being douchey like normal!"

6. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    I dunno, with just one notable exception (TWEWY) SE's been pretty good about releasing their old games without screwing around with "monetization" shenanigans beyond the upfront price being higher than average for the market.

I think they've made a couple of really bad missteps with IAP (All The Bravest and Theatrhythm) but apart from those, I don't feel they've been all that bad on that front.

7. mid83

mid83 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2014
    Personally I'm loving all these DQ releases. I'll buy this one to support the franchise but I'm going to start with IV. I played DQ 1 years ago and I don't know if the game's age would be too much for me.

I really hope the VII release is a port of the 3ds remake since it seems like that version is not getting localized.

8. Hero Killer Id

Hero Killer Id Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    I think if they were going through all the effort to retranslate everything they'd probably release it for both to try to cash in. My concern then though is how do they price it?

Either way I would be picking it up for one or both devices. Probably both.

9. defunct32

Jun 25, 2013
    iPod touch 5th Gen, still running iOS 6.1.3, itching to upgrade to 7. But still... :/

10. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    My iPod Touch 5G seems to work fine with Dragon Quest I; I'm on iOS 7 - not sure if that's the difference.

11. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week Nominee

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Dragon Quest I was successfully nominated for the Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week poll. Over the next three days for for your favorite games here → http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=242258

Developer may not vote for their own app. Only pre-existing active Touch Arcade members may vote, participants can not create a new account just to vote

12. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    First part of each major story arc as I recall

13. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    1 and 4 are. 7, 8, and 9 stand alone, though 8 has connections to 3. In Japan, the order was 1, 8, 4, 2, and we don't know which will be next. Here, we got 8, 4, 1, and 2 is very likely next. I think the reason why we got 1 after 8 and 4 is because it needed a new translation, while those two were okay to go ahead with the existing scripts.

14. defunct32

Jun 25, 2013
    iOS 8 is out did you update?

15. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    DQ1 dosent use cloud at all but thats no problem, ifunbox, copy all the files in the dq1 folder to desktop. Connect iphone6 or whatever new device you have with dq1 already installed. Go to dq1 folder on new device, copy past files from desk top to your new devices dq1 folder.

I find classic view easiest to work with on ifunbox.

o7

16. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah I was surprised that they didn't use cloud saves for this one, especially since they did for VIII and IV.

Anyway, I'm on Mac and I use PhoneView with same ease of use.

17. crain300

crain300 Member

Sep 24, 2014
    dragon quest 1

hi please help i am looking for silver harp any help would be much welcome

18. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    North west most town, use a key on the door to the big big building, go to the far left side of this room, stand against the black north wall and push up, then step right, push up. keep doing this till you appear outside the building on the north border of town. those stairs lead to a dungeon and at the bottom of the dungeon is the harp.

19. crain300

crain300 Member

Sep 24, 2014
    thank you for the help very much appreciated