Universal Dragon Hills (by Rebel Twins)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 8, 2015.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    NOEN will definitely be here at some point. Psience...? Dunno. He needs to get rid of his silly one game per week rule. Total respect for him following through with it, but it doesn't make it any less silly. :p

2. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
  3. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    #43 NOEN, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    Hehe. Sorry. I slept in this morning.
    GO AND BUY THIS GAME!! Seriously. It's such a fun game!!! It's been crazy this week with so many good games, but this is a MUST BUY in my opinion. I've been trying to play a little of every game that's been released, so I'm not really far into this one, but from what I played, it's beautiful.

4. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Haha yeah, I forgot about the new code! We should all probably have similar rules......total respect, just too hard not to at least DL a few games a week.....just a few ;)

5. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    There we go! Finally up and running this morn. Nice and dreary with heavy rain...:.looks like I'll be clocking some time :)

6. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    WOW.....awesomeness....this game is fine-tuned and polished to infinity. Fantastic!!

7. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Ugh! The weather has been horrible!! Good gaming weather though! Lol. Yea, you need this game!

8. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Wow this game is fantastic. Totally surprised me and took me away from Implosion and $10 I wouldn't have Lol I agree with earlier posts, it would be really cool to make comet shower and ice storm abilities that we could "cast" ourselves. It could be implemented like Magic Touch and activated once collecting the power-up. Add in the ability to collect several of each and extend runs.....that would be quite nice.

9. wristtattoo

wristtattoo Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Designer / Developer
    Lincolnshire, UK
    There can be only one Super Mega Worm.

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Well, considering Death Worm predates Super Mega Worm, Death Worm is THE Super Mega Worm.

Oh, and you're not commanding a worm here. There can only be one Super Mega Dragon, and this right here is it. :p

11. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Couldn't agree more!

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Well, i bought Implosion for this week, and i finally decided to buy this as well, considering i had 4 weeks of no-buy these past months... I gotta admit, multiple mentions here gave me the push i needed to purchase, and im totally glad i did.

I'll post imps on my next post... Dont want to include this here as this is more of a reply to MC's post. But hey, my one-purchase per week works, and i was recently able to buy a new acoustic guitar and a 1-hp air conditioner for my room coz of that. LOL!

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    My imps:

You know that feeling when you see a trailer for a game, and it's a really good looking game inspired by a game you already like? I dont know about you guys, but when i saw Dragon Hills' trailer i was like: "wow this looks like another fantastic take on the Tiny Wings base formula, which was also used in great games like Time Surfer and Rad Boarders." That basically translates to the question: how does this clone stand up to the others like it?

Well, i was totally wrong on that thought. Dragon Hills may have used the "tap and hold to descend, release to rise" control scheme of Tiny Wings, but this game takes that into a totally different direction. Kinda like how Fotonica used the same control scheme, but the application was surprisingly new and fresh.

Dragon Wing's mechanics give you absolute control of your movement within the Dragon's pathing rules and physics, where in tiny wings, you are restricted to jump off slopes or slide down them to gain momentum. It's kinda hard to explain, but the handling and the physics of the dragon's movement is very easy to adapt yourself into.

I love chaos in games. Reason why i think Time Surfer is the best Tiny Wings-inspired title... WAS the best. Dragon Hills surpassed that for me easily. How? Totally fresh take on the genre, and a premium price tag with zero IAP. Oh, and it is full of the chaos-y bits that i love in these action oriented runners. You eat enemy knights, destroy houses and forts, wreck carriages, eat sheep and horses, and tiny bits and pieces fly around as you wreak havoc onto the game's Rebel Twins-esque world.

You know a game's totally unique, when you are fumbling for words to describe the game, and Rebel Twins definitely put a knot in my tongue with Dragon Hills.

Forgot to mention i also love the mission-progressing endless nature of the game as opposed to a pure endless formula.

Really enjoying this right now, and im pretty sure anyone who picked/picks it up do too, coz this game is just plain fun all around.

Cheers!

14. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    So good! Five stars for me :)

15. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    after maxing the dragon armor, the sword and the Black Dragon, things progress much much smoother, and i am now at level 20 and beating a boss almost every run. Lava is still a frustration because of instakill, but it doesnt affect me so often now.

I really hope the devs come back to this to add more content, maybe different unlockable dragons and princesses! Otherwise the most fun game from "tap to fall release to rise" for me. Congratulations to the devs!

16. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    I'm still puttering around level 9 but my kid is at level 37! Holy smokes...wonder how many levels there actually are in this game? Maybe 50?

17. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    AHHHHHH!!!!!

I have no idea how I missed this... Since Night Flight, Rebel Twins have been a fav dev team of mine... Still have all their games on my phone after all this time...

I haven't played much (I just got the first heart upgrade), but I'm totally diggin this... Excited to get further into it.

18. MementoMori

MementoMori New Member

Apr 12, 2015
    Been following Touch Arcade for a while but had o create an account just to comment on this game!

It's enjoyable, I like the level system - upgrades some quickly, who doesn't want to play a dragon is all I'm saying!

I do worry how repeatable it will seem in a week or two, but until then.. I am a dragon.

19. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    So... I'm hooked. I'm at level 32 ATM... And can not stop. I think this might bump Crumble Zone outta my #1 favorite spot for Rebel Twins games. I don't want to say for sure... Depends on how it plays once I unlock everything... But it's definitely a step up from Aliens Drive Me Crazy. =oD

20. rebel twins

rebel twins Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Hello guys! We didn't want to interrupt the discussions but we read all your comments carefully.
    First of all, thank you for such amazing and positive feedback! We're super proud of this game and it's lovely to see the enthusiasm which keep us going.

We analyze all your reviews. We want you to know that your opinions are really invaluable and always help us to improve our games!