Universal Dragon Hills 2 (By Rebel Twins)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    How?

I’m l33, have smashed both previous worlds repeatedly, and still no planet z.

?

2. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    Man, I thought the “New Game+” mode would be more of the same, but these rejiggered boss battles are epic. Thanks, devs.

3. saddykark

saddykark Member

Nov 21, 2017
    Brilliant mechanics !

4. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    Not the best screenshot, but I must say, Mechazilla is everything I’d hoped it would be. :D

Attached Files:

5. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017
    Fabulous game. I am on L14

6. -DeaDLocK-

-DeaDLocK- Member

May 30, 2012
    Bought this a few days ago, and I have now completed the game (many times over).

Just some thoughts/tips. The below may contain spoilers, so buyer beware.

1) The game is very enjoyable for the first few hours, then gets highly repetitive. There are basically 18 levels (3 worlds x 6 levels), and once you complete the first cycle, the whole thing restarts again from the beginning. The only thing different about the second cycle is that you get a new power-up (gives you lots of coins), and the bosses come in pairs and triplets at the end of every level. Cycle 2 onwards are exactly the same; so after a while, it really becomes quite a boring grind - I'm at level 86 and am bored enough to drop the game completely. I'd still say the game is worth the money for those first few hours.

2) Upgrading the power-ups beyond the first level doesn't increase the power-up's effectiveness or features - it only gives you more chances to obtain the power-up in game. This is frustrating to discover later on in the game, because even though you have an arsenal of very expensive power-ups at your disposal, because you made the mistake of maxing out the cheaper power-ups (thinking you would get a power boost or something), it reduces the chances you get of obtaining the better power-ups (because there are only so many power-up boxes per level). While fighting the bosses, I kept hitting boxes hoping to get something I can use to make quick work of the bosses, but instead the stupid pea shooter kept coming out (because I maxed it out). So don't max out crap power-ups.

3) There is no point upgrading the speed boost. A few stars is okay, but anywhere near all-the-way becomes a major disadvantage. You simply become TOO fast - way faster than any boss (so the whole time you're on fire, you're ahead of the boss and can't deal any damage), and too fast to collect any power-ups you may have hit along the way. This is a bad design flaw in the game (especially considering how much it costs to max out the stars!).

4) Max out drilling and vitality. Increasing drilling lets you stay underground longer, by the way.

5) The most expensive power-ups are not necessarily the best. None of the guns are worthwhile IMO (especially considering point 2 above), but the Extreme Missile Launcher is worth seeing. Thundergod's Wrath is way better than Dragon Tsunami. You MUST buy Mechzilla just to see it (it's worth it), but Panther Roar is a far more effective dragon at killing bosses.

That's it. Just thought I'd write some words before I put this game in cold storage and consign it from my memory.

Enjoy!

7. rebel twins

rebel twins Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Hi guys!
    'Dragon Hills 2' update is now available!
    What's new:
    -new playable dragons (for permanent ride),
    -a new Ancient Egypt-themed environment,
    -new enemies, new Mega Bosses and more.

Check out this brand new trailer for an idea of what the update is like in action:

8. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Update is awesome just as expected from anything you guys release! iCloud is great and works perfectly. My only complaint is that i wish your other games had iCloud too ��

9. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Wow, this update is even better! :p