Universal Dragon Fantasy - (by The Muteki Corporation)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Faucett

Faucett Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    The sound effect that plays when you cast the healing spell - it reminds me a lot of the one that plays when you grab a gem on Wizards & Warriors for NES.

The music that plays when you win a battle reminds me a bit of W&W also. Not sure if that was intended, but I like it!!

2. bprichard

bprichard Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Global Operations Manager
    Shanghai
    I picked this up and played it for about two hours last night and found it highly enjoyable.

The only thing that seemed weird is that the map and combat graphics seem to have different pixel densities. Is that just my eyes? Maybe. In any case, both look good, so it's not a big deal.

This game is perfect for people who received free copies of Dragon Warrior for signing up for Nintendo Power.

The humor is nice, especially Ms. Rock Monster's lines.

If you don't like random combat, yeah, it's not going to work for you, but I've never found that to be much of an impediment.

Overall, super nice game. Well worth $2.99.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I've got a bit stuck !

I've gone through the cave to the next 'map' but what do i do then ? Theres a few towns, a cave where you have to go through some poisoned tiles. But unsure what to do next ?

4. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Spoiler:
    In the first town (East of where you come out of the cave) walk to the house on the north side of the lake. There's a note on the table that points you in the right direction.

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thanks a ton ! Spent so much time 'grinding' i've got a bit lost ! So you went and took the plunge, you enjoying this one then ?

6. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
  7. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    With games like this, I would expect Square0 showing up some where around...

Anyway, this one is on my radar and must buy for sure -- the question is, when do I have time for it?

8. LawLessLove

LawLessLove Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    How is this compared to Guardian Saga? Which is better?

9. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    My god, I remember that nintendo power giveaway for Dragon Warrior. I also received like 4 strategy guides for god I dont even know what. I remember staying up way late one xmas night to finish DW1 and kill the dragonlord. I noticed this game awhile back, and its totally a send up to DW, which is certainly a good thing. Is this more like DW1 where u only have one person in your party, or like DW2 and up where u can have many?

Hey, and what is this game's equivalent to the slime, green slime, metal slime? Anything? Just curious...

10. Crazy_Possum

Crazy_Possum Well-Known Member

I have a 2nd Generation iPod Touch. I did the turn off/on trick twice.

11. Bryan @ Muteki Corp

Bryan @ Muteki Corp Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2009
    President, The Muteki Corporation
    Haha it seems everyone got that free Dragon Warrior back in the day!
    This is very much a DW1 style game with a single person to play.

And we don't have slimes, we have rock monsters!
    Rock Monster, Mrs. Rock Monster, and Son of Rock Monster to be exact :)

12. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Better than Guardian Saga for sure played both.Better story, better characters, better overall ride battles are funny there's humor everywhere you look, even in the books at towns a definite must have for RPG fans

Oh and I never got a free copy of DW1 but it was worth paying for just like this game

13. Adam @ Muteki Corp

Adam @ Muteki Corp Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    I've been looking into this since I saw your bug report last night. Turns out that it's an iOS 3.1.x specific bug related to fonts. That long loading you're seeing is actually the intro text just not displaying. I'm working on trying to find a solution to it right now.

14. Crazy_Possum

Crazy_Possum Well-Known Member

Thanks!

15. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  16. Adam @ Muteki Corp

Adam @ Muteki Corp Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Dragon Fantasy 1.0.2 is almost ready - I've got the font problem on 3.x devices addressed, added item stats in the shops, and some very noticeable performance improvements. Also, quick save and the ability to quit back to the main menu. Oh, and some improved tile art, especially in the volcano!

Gonna submit it later today, should hopefully be live sometime next week. Assuming that fixes the majority of issues, the next update will be a major update with ZOMG MOAR STORY!

17. Bryan @ Muteki Corp

Bryan @ Muteki Corp Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2009
    President, The Muteki Corporation
    Quick little follow-up - 1.0.2 was submitted to Apple.
    Hopefully this solves most of the problems and just general quality-of-play issues people have brought up so far!

And as Adam mentioned...next update will be (as long as there's no major issues found before then) 1.1, with a whole new side-story added in!

18. Flynn Taggart

Flynn Taggart Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Does that mean the framerate stuttering when walking around? Because yay!

19. PooEater

PooEater Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    This game looks awesome!! Too bad I am poor poor man... looks like it's going in the AppShopper wishlist for now :)

20. MrOgre

MrOgre Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Bay Area, California
    Suggestion: Make NPCs move outta the way of the PC! :mad: