Universal Dragon Blaze (by GAMEVIL)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 12, 2015.

1. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I'll be honest guys, I highly reccomend this game. I despise game-EVIL and f2p in general but I'm loving this game. Really I'd rather play auto battles in a good game rather than manage my combat in a sub par game. The animations are nice, the interface is clean, the f2p is pretty darn forgiving. The stamina timers are barely noticeable, I played for hours and didn't come near running out. There's addictive loot hunt and character hunt to go with the leveling and incrementally advancing. There's quick easy multiplayer for boss raids, just jump in and either have a party or auto match to a party. Plus easy reinvite all for after to use the same group. Random loot, loot combining, even character combining to up ranks. There is even team pvp arena with weekly leaderboard rewards.

I donno what to say, I downloaded this out of boredom and curiosity expecting to delete it and I'm totally digging it instead. This and FF record keeper are the only f2p games I'm playing right now. It really is worth a look if you enjoy this type of game. Wich is party based, random loot, incrementally getting stronger easy combat with nice and easy jump in multiplayer modes.

Don't let the auto battle aspect turn you off. The trade off is satisfying flashy combat that doesn't demand a ton of brainpower to get into. Honestly I always end up auto battling through any game that has the feature anyway so it's really not that different.

TLDR: I hate f2p games but I ended up really really loving this game so far and highly reccomend a try out.

2. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    #22 kopicha, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015
    Good for you that you actually enjoy it. While I do agree with you on the flashy moves and stuffs during battle. And I do appreciate them. But the game play is actually boredom as hell to me. Played once in a 30mins or so session, then never thought about going in again for the 2nd time. I might give a mother try again but if I can't stick then likely gonna delete it. Honestly it play almost exactly the same as 10s to 100s of other games that has been on AppStore for awhile. In short to say it's like a cut and paste game with a different skin but nothing actually new to it. So personally I can't even find a good reason to recommend this unless you are someone who is looking for similar game like this and wanted to play something new rather than an established game where there would already be a bunch of op players when it comes to the competitive level. But then again I don't see it matters for most f2p games. In every games like this there are people who are willing to spend $100-$1000 just to op you regardless new or old.

On a side note I am not sure if they try to stretch the graphics or something. Playing this on iPad the characters seems to look weird. They look like very out of proportion. So it don't look as good as it should be.

3. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    You can only draw once!!!! I got a wussy b grade

4. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    This or Taichi Panda?

5. Sequence

Sequence Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    I was looking forward to this one. Auto-battle doesn't bother me as much as there is a decent rpg structure behind it. Those incremental games where you just click on the screen doesnt' seem to get people as angry for some reason. (Don't get me wrong, Tap Titans is awesome and is suprisingly deep)

I saw this on TA previews and it looked pretty interesting, especially the real-time multiplayer raids which most games like this do not have. The art style and presentation are top-notch.

I'll confess I was pretty into Heroes Charge which I guess is what this game may be compared to, but recently finding out the devs just decompiled the source code from another game and released it as their own really bothered me. The company, uCool is getting sued and no one knows what will happen to the game. I don't feel right about supporting a game company that outright steals. Cloning is one thing, but copying the whole source code and slightly altering the art assets? Damn. (The company they stole from is getting sued by Blizzard for using their characters so this is a big mess)

Anyway, I'm liking Dragon Blaze a lot more than I'd thought. It has that "gacha" for rare units like the multitudes of other games like this but if you spend time with the game you end up with a good roster by combining them to bump them up to the next "tier". It's pretty generous for F2P in this regard, I rarely run out of "energy" and they seem to give out the premium currency pretty regularly.

It's not overly complex and there's lots to do to in-game, such as raids, PVP, and Guild activities. There's a global chat and so far the community actually seems pretty helpful and positive. (This may change, of course, hopefully won't degrade into the cesspool that is Marvel Contest of Champions)

Overall, I'm pretty impressed. I'd recommend it highly to those who like social rpgs. Well, even if you don't, it can't hurt to give it a shot because this is one of the best of them.

6. HallmarkCard

HallmarkCard Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    You can easily share loot between characters by putting loot into storage which is shared b/w all characters.

7. HallmarkCard

HallmarkCard Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    I was expecting to be bored and not like DB at all but surprisingly, I actually am enjoying it. I like the social aspect a lot. I like the raids where you can get good loot even legendaries easily if you keep running it. You can invite friends, so co-op is fun.

Not the deepest or biggest mmo, but a fun little time waster. I like my Priest & Archer the best so far. I actually recommend this.

8. Andy_Mars

Andy_Mars New Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Not bad so far; still early on. Seems to rely on 'friend points' for free recruits. Will there be a TA guild?

9. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

You're free to open a thread in the "add me" forum section for a TA guild. :)
    I would join.

edit: oops, there is a thread already.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=261513

10. kofrman13

kofrman13 Active Member

May 29, 2009
    Anyone know if this game syncs between devices

11. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Yes it does since its stored on their servers, as long as you use the same gamecenter or com2us or give account

12. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Yea this is why I reccomend that people give it a download and try it. It will either be a game where you know you dont like it and can delete within 15 min or you actually like it and may greatly enjoy it. One of the very few perks of f2p games to me, freedom of choice with no consequences.

13. hanklupo

hanklupo Active Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Its a shame you have no idea what "paywall" means, because otherwise you might actually have a valid criticism.

14. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    Thanks for that. I must have been blind as a bat. (Of course, then I discover the dagger I wanted to use was Level 27 anyway, and I doubt I'll have the patience to build up a second character just to use THAT!)

SS Raid Gear seems to be fairly common (or I'm wasting all my good "die rolls" on drawing that), as I've got three pieces so far. (Edit: Make that four.)

15. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I'm always right or left of the good piece. One time I even had a blue where the other 3 got a gold!

16. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I really like the art style a-la Odin Sphere but the gameplay style isn't there for me when I have others that mimic it or surpass it such as the FF one I'm currently playing.

17. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    Interesting how there are 11 votes for this game giving it a 2-star average, with none of those save one commenting, when the general vibe of the thread is positive. Think some people are voting on principle and not on gameplay.

I like simple distracty things when I'm phonegaming, will have to check this out.

18. Moocow

Moocow Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2014
    As usual graphics from Gamevil are top-notch, but the gameplay is just....meh. Plays like an endless runner almost, so repetitive.

19. Womble

Womble Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2013
    I played for a few hours. I tried to like it because I actually like these freemium rpg time killers, but I found it a little boring.

20. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    As always, I tired to like Gamevil Game. It's was repetitive and make me slpy.