iPad Dr. San : Dr. Mario clone - anyone try?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Jorlen, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    I recall reading several times that there are some who would love Dr. Mario on the iphone. Well this game loooks like the closest bet, anyone try it? There was zero threads for this game on this forum so I figured I'd post it.

http://appshopper.com/games/dr-san

2. HouseTreeRobot

HouseTreeRobot Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Living.
    UK
    I wonder if anyone bought it when it was $4.99 (!)

3. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    If it was a buck I would have already bought it and tried it. It's $2.99 now right? Still kind of steep...

4. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Something about those two bottom buttons (+) and the slider turn me off about this game.

It looks semi-polished otherwise, but those do not look like they belong; kind of like they were just thrown in there.

5. soccerstud652

soccerstud652 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Would gladly buy for $0.99.

I wish my doctor was Dr. Mario.

6. Donburns99

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    You wish you had a plumber who'd put on a lab coat and toss random colored pills at you, hoping to kill whatever virus you had? Well, compared to American health care, I guess it's not all that much different. :rolleyes:

7. RM imagery

RM imagery Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Photographer (interiors, architecture, abstract ar
    Long Island, NY
    I was one who was asking for a Dr. Mario port. This looks cheesy tho i'm sniping it at a dollar.

8. soccerstud652

soccerstud652 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    rofl

9. hey everyone, just wanted to give you a heads up that we're VERY close to releasing our game, which is based off of Dr Mario.
    It will have wifi multiplayer and we've been working very hard to make it a step above what's currently out there.. both is playability and visually.
    I'll be sure to post here when it's up in the app store, but we're looking at submitting it in the next 3 weeks.

Thanks,
    Bob

10. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Is it going to be better than this one and is it going to be a buck? Because this one is a buck right now :D If you say yes to both (i.e. $1 promo price at the beginning) I won't buy this one ;)

11. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Didn't this game get renamed? I want to say it's "Bob" something... with no "Dr."

I noticed this game when it was very first released (on AppSniper). It had the weirdest description I've ever seen. A couple days later, they changed it to basically say, "Yeah, it's Dr. Mario."

I'd like to have Dr. Mario, and I'd probably have paid $5 for a decent port or clone... but the screen shots look horrid.

12. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    It's actually called iDoctor now (at least in the U.S. store).

13. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Ah, so this is at least the 3rd name for this game. I wonder if the name is not really the problem here...

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    My biggest problem is that the game is conspicuously absent from the developer's web site. Things that make you go "hmm"...

15. Alf101

Alf101 Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    I iDoctor

I iDoctor says its like DR Mario. and is $0.99
    Just waiting for some one to try it and review it lol..Down to about $2.00 on account.

16. Donburns99

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    #16 Donburns99, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
    I see they upgraded the UI, my original post in this thread seems somewhat silly compared to the new screen shots.

I wonder if they'll get sued on the icon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I came across this game within the last couple of days: Crazy Drops. It's actually a rather nice Dr. Mario variant that supports player vs. computer, PvP over network, and single player no computer. The controls are a tad annoying just because of a proximity thing, but it's still pretty fun, and it's only 99 cents right now. I'm thinking this wasn't the one robotvsmonkey was talking about, since it hasn't been 2-3 weeks since his post yet.

18. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    I still play Dr. Mario on my NES. You can count on my purchase, presuming the games are very similar

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    They've now released a lite version of Crazy Drops. Check it out here.

20. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    They just released a lite version of iDoctor, in case anyone is still interested. You can get it here.