Universal Downwell (by Devolver Digital) [TouchArcade Game of the Year 2015 Runner-Up]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by asaw2, Oct 15, 2015.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Since the thread got bumped I have to admit I’ve never played this game. I bought it probably when it was released but I don’t remember playing it. And judging by being on the bottom of all of my friends’ leaderboards I never did. After playing and beating Gun Rounds I realized this genre is right up my alley (now). And after an hour or so I have to admit I’ve missed a lot by not playing this gem. Although, how awesome is that I can experience it for the first time? That’s just priceless.

I can’t figure out the wall jumps yet assuming there is something like that as I somehow accidentally jump off of the wall a few times. Also figuring the right strategy for styles and power-ups will take up some time I guess. So far I made it to 1-3.:oops: Those bats are giving me a hard time, sneaking up on me from the top. Anyway, all I wanted to say is that this game’s awesome despite realizing that a five years too late. But better late than never I believe.

sebgo and Anotherkellydown like this.
  2. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    @macplash Man good to see you here, this game is indeed right up your alley. I've never able to beat this game but after the confidence I've got from Dead Cells, I'm ready to push for it again. My personal record is reaching 3-2 after all those years... And lots of people on interwebz agrees that the mobile version is the hardest for some reason.

Also, massive shouts to the devs mom. https://twitter.com/moppin_/status/768490305616162816

sebgo likes this.