Universal Down The Mountain [Umbrella]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Umbrella, Jul 8, 2015.

1. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Came back to this yesterday after a bit of a break. A lot of the later missions are really tedious (complete 16 games) which put me off for a while.

Just increased my high score by over 250 to 923 and was feeling pretty pleased until I looked at the leaderboards and saw that no longer even gets me into the top 400! Great to see so many players on those boards though. Well deserved.

For the record, I don't believe this or MGM had any influence on each other, but I do believe this is the far superior game.

2. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I swap between DTM and MGM every day. I sort of like being able to go up and down. Both games have their strengths and drawbacks, both are a lot of fun. I sort of feel like they are two halves of the same game.

3. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Update's available now. 17 new characters, 50 new missions, new mountain sections.

Already unlocked a couple of the new celeb characters which it seems to dole out quite quickly. They're slightly higher profile than the previous final unlock!

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I prefer this too, mostly because i like the 2 button controls better than MGM's 4-direction movement.

But both are fantastic games on their own, that much is true.

5. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Woah, just saw your current high score. Awesome!

Unlocking the celeb characters was fun with the all the "glitz".

I wish the fake scores were removed from the leaderboard. At least the achievement board is easy to figure out.

3,000 achievements? Really??

6. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Noooo! Just died at 896, one square away from a key. Double whammy! Shouldn't have let myself get distracted by the shiny thing.

7. Sponggy

Sponggy Active Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Dev this is a question for you
    I am an App Store explorer and investigator, i was discovered for something pretty interesting and maybe can you help me to solve that from your experience
    I was noticed that games who get featured by Apple, and able to be at the top 10 games category, if they aren't belong to the big name company, they fell pretty hard when the feature ends!
    So if we take DTM for example all the feature time yours game was at the top 10 games category, when feature ends, you crushed on the charts (US)
    So what happened ? (if it not rude, and you guys can share and put some light about how the app stroe works )
    Is the game wasn't viral enough ?
    Is it because you don't have a marketing plan? or the marketing plan not strong enough to fight the "big companies"

Is the small dev studios and indies, has any chane in this at all ?

8. Umbrella

Umbrella Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    USA
    NEW UPDATE IS OUT!

Choose an easier way down the mountain. With the new EASY mode you can now select how hard the obstacle course will be at the beginning of each game.
    Tons of characters have also been added. There are also a few secret ones that you can only unlock by playing with certain characters.

Full list of changes:
    - Easy mode
    - 50 new missions
    - Your progress gets saved in the cloud automatically
    - 22 new characters :
    ---- 4 SECRET characters
    ---- 3 red carpet characters
    - New control schemes :
    ---- You can now control the center of left and right tap
    ---- Swipe your way down the mountain
    - Localizations for Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified, Russian and Arabic
    - Reward videos added
    - Minor bugfixes

9. ezgoingboi27

ezgoingboi27 New Member

Aug 17, 2015
    4 SECRET Characters

• RETROBOT unlocked by playing with QWERTY. (Robots)
    • PUGA unlocked by playing with IZZY. (Canines)
    • GLITTER unlocked by playing with HORACE. (Equines)
    • JOHNNY unlocked by playing with NIPPY. (Cold)

10. Ultimatix

Ultimatix Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2015
    Germany
    #90 Ultimatix, Sep 18, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
    This Game does everything right, what Crossy Roads did wrong: Cool Mission System that is good balanced in Difficulty increase, Character Unlocks with Missions that will motivate to solve them all. The only Thing that should be added that new Characters that you can unlock should not only have cosmetic Changes. That is a Problem which many Games like this have. Why looking forward to unlock characters when they are only have a Cosmetic Changes? I don't care how they look like when i playing. Some of them (not all because that would be too many skills lol) should have unique skills ( faster movement or other skills) or add little changes to the game like in Mountain goat in which every Character has it's own Music Theme and Level Design. That would motivate to unlock some Characters more and would make the Game perfect ;)

Other Ideas for Unique Characters:

This Characters should be harder to unlock than normal Cosmetic Characters:

TNT Expert: Can survive one Explosion from TNT Blocks each Game.
    Gift Expert: Is immune to Gift
    Lava Expert: Can step on one Lava Block without die.
    Direction Expert: No more Direction switching blocks.

11. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    The latest update this weeks seems to have broken the iCloud sync between devices well for me any way. Just wanted to let people know, I have contacted the developer to see if they know about it and have a fix