Universal Down The Mountain [Umbrella]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Umbrella, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#41 Anotherkellydown, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
    There are treasure crates (brown boxes) that can only be opened with keys. You can win keys in the prize spinner, buy 4 for $0.99, or find them in the levels (rare). The treasure crates have new characters in them.

Yes, great score guys. mr_bez was #24 in the world last time I checked (#29 now, but out of 173,797 players that's nuts). You too paulkane. I worked my butt off to pass your GC challenge! ;)

2. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Cheers. I've still only got about half the challenges though. Not sure how you powered through them so quickly!

3. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    I've been on vacation, and I spent loads of hours playing. So much so that I'm burnt out on DTM at the moment, which is kind of a bummer. Oh, I also skipped 3 of the missions including the final mission (which for some reason never registered on GC).

I have 8 secret characters left, but I don't even feel like playing.

@AKD- Great job on the high score! I won't be attempting your challenge for quite awhile. Too burnt and that's a hard score to top!

4. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    So what exactly do the stars do?

5. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Stars increase your score. They can also be used to skip missions.

6. sakara214ever

May 10, 2012
    Thank you for the reply. How exactly do they increase my score? You mean something like a multiplier?

7. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    No, each star is worth 5 points.

8. sakara214ever

May 10, 2012
    Oh i see!!!! Ok. So what about the stars in the pause menu? I have 453 by now!

9. Umbrella

Umbrella Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    USA
    You can use them to skip missions (you see a little skip button next to the mission) OR if you have enough of them you can unlock boxes once you find them without keys.

10. sakara214ever

May 10, 2012
    Thank you!!!!

11. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    I've noticed that when I unlock characters outside of a wifi connection, the achievement does not register in GC.

Also, my final mission (200) did not register either, but I did have a wifi connection...I skipped it out of impatience.

Is there a way to get GC to reflect my achievements and missions accurately?

12. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Think I've found a bug in one of the sections. The poison tile in this screenshot is acting as a water tile and sliding me into the spike on the right.

Attached Files:

13. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Sounds like you've only completed 199 missions anyway! At least scores earned offline are submitted lately. I got my 668 while offline stuck at the barber's.

I'm sure the mission leaderboard will sort itself out for you when the new missions go live. I've got several gaps in my achievements too though.

14. paulkane

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    #54 paulkane, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
    I skipped 3 missions total, so 197 I suppose.

668! Awesome.

I found 2 keys yesterday, almost back to back and I managed to grab both of them. 0_0

I also unlocked
    Raf, The Giraffe
    and managed to top my high score 3 times ending with 612.

Edit: Do spoiler bars not work anymore? What is going on there?

15. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Nice work on the new high score. I saw two keys very close yesterday, but couldn't reach one of them.

Spoiler tags haven't worked properly in the TA app for quite a while. I have to copy them to Notes if I want to read them. Not sure about the website.

16. addictor

addictor Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2015
    What keys are doing ?
    what stars do ?
    Is there any IAP besides the NO ADS ?

17. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Hi only downloaded this yesterday but loving it so far and just paid to remove the ads and support the developer, but I have a question should it of removed the banner ads at the top of the screen? as I still seem to have them!

Thanks in advance

18. Umbrella

Mar 21, 2015
    USA
    Remove ads should remove all the ads including the top banner. Have you tried to restart the app? Let me know if you still see the ad after that.

19. Umbrella

Mar 21, 2015
    USA
    Keys open treasure chests you'll find along your way down the mountain. Stars gives you +5pts in a game for every star you collect and then you can also use all your collected stars to skip missions or open treasure chests without keys.

Besides the remove ads you can also buy keys if you are eager to unlock chests before you find any keys, or win them in the prize wheel.

20. Umbrella

Mar 21, 2015
    USA
    Thanks for sharing this bug, I'll make sure to fix it for the next update!