Universal Doug dug. (By The Electric Toy Company)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 6, 2014.

1. arr4ws

arr4ws Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    I love digging game. This one is very good!

2. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    What a gem this game is. Half the fun is discovering new ways in which you can inadvertently trigger giant collapses. It definitely scratches my digging itch and never feels tedious (because you're only after $ and not trying to hoard stuff in order to upgrade).

3. Zerodactyl

Zerodactyl Well-Known Member

An incredibly good game that I am really enjoying playing and figuring out when the blocks fall. One of the reasons why I like this game is probably because I like Minecraft and Terraria. Also, I'm looking forward to trying out some other games like this.

4. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Right? It much more fun in action than it looks from those shots. If you like games like Mr Driller, you should give it a try. The game can end suddenly, but you can replay in about a second, so it lends itself easily to "just one more time" (ran into that this morning). No IAP, no iAds.

5. Igoo

Igoo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    This.

6. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Bought it and Pixa in the same way after reading all posts here but didn't play both yet !

But thinking I won't be disappointed ! :)

7. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    #27 orangecan, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
    I've just done exactly the same thing....

That's what I love about the TA forums I can be persuaded into buying a game by a bunch of strangers

8. JeffWofford

JeffWofford Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Programmer
    Hi Folks. Jeff Wofford, developer of "Doug dug," here. Thanks for all the shout-outs and feedback. I'm glad you're enjoying the game. And yes, the screen shots on the app store are lame: new and better ones are arriving with the next update, which will be out any day now. In the meantime, the trailer gives a pretty accurate view of how the game feels and plays:

9. As a fan of Minecraft, Mr. Driller, Dig Dug and Spelunky, this is the best game I have played in years. It's super balanced, the rounds aren't too long or short, there's a big-time risk vs. reward element, and there's an incredible amount of satisfying "juiciness" to triggering cave-ins and other aspects of the gameplay. Also, it plays in portrait mode with one hand which is key for me because I only ever get to play games on the subway. I'm currently the number 1 score which is sad because that only means that not enough people know about this wonderful game. Big ups to the devs on this one, I'm gonna buy all your other games :)

10. Hypocrypha

Hypocrypha Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2014
    I am such a HUGE Pixa fan, I feel compelled to buy this even tho I'm not a minecraft person, just bc I trust the quality of this dev.

11. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Very fun so far!

12. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    This ^^^ Brilliant little fun game with a hooky soundtrack.
    The only thing i'm missing is the in-game Gamecenter. (GC-App)
    My game of the week, so far.

13. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hi Jeff. What's planned for the first update? Then what can we expect from future ones?

You have my money -- looks fantastic and I trust in the other people's opinions.

14. JeffWofford

JeffWofford Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Programmer
    Hi Zendorphin. This first update is a little one. It just fixes a bug with lava that made it sometimes look blockier than it should. We have lots of ideas for things to do in future updates, but I'd love to hear from you: what would you like to see?

15. Zunda

Zunda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2014
    #35 Zunda, May 8, 2014
    Last edited: May 8, 2014
    Deleted. Never mind

16. plan9

plan9 Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Male
    Good game! Would definitely recommend it! The soundtrack is epic :D

17. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I'm really "digging" this game. (Get it??) My only only wish is that there was an upgrade system or something to buy with your money. Wether it be new shovels, pic axes, outfits, ect. That's the only thing it's missing IMO. I'm not a big high score chaser. I like to be able to buy or collect things.

18. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Story mode for the above would be awesome.

Also something for digging straight down. I can get pretty far using this tactic because nothing can cave in on you after it goes up a certain height on screen.

19. jaggi

jaggi Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2013
    So how do I kill those white flying monsters (I believe they appear around the -300m mark). It's not always possible to avoid them, so there must be a way to kill those bastards.

Also, a story mode would be awesome. Or a trophy cabinet with rare artefacts/collectables or something.

Great, great little game. So hard to put down.

20. Chaos_u

Chaos_u Well-Known Member