Dotcom and the 'doomsday device'

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Sanuku, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Source:

Best Part is how they stormed his House while the FBI had already taken down the Server:

I`m not saying that Dotcom is an Angel. But with all those Mistakes that were done by the authority and the FBI I slowly get that feeling that it doesn`t matter any longer and that in the End Dotcom will walk out Free with a Smile on his Face.

How could the authority and the FBI f*cked it that much up after they had planed it for Years?! The hole Case seems like one of those The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad! Episodes.

2. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I think the raid was more about his proposed music service that would have taken the RIAA out of the profit loop and gave the artists the profit they should be really getting.

I actually think most of the piracy hoohaa is for the same reason, it's more about the labels control of the media than anything else. They don't want any competition or anything that threatens to take away their relevance.

Not condoning piracy by the way it's just how I see the situation.

3. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Reading through that, I think I have to paraphrase the latest batman movie:

"A device where you type in the name and date of birth of a person and then they are wiped out from every database there ever was? Sounds too good to be true, doesn't it?"