Universal Door Kickers (by Killhouse Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by binlabu, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    It wasnt really dexterity based for as as you can tactical pause the action with spacebar and setup and entire run worth of plans then "GO" to see if it worked. Or, you could just plan out each room, or just plan out 1 move as tactical pause is unlimited.

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Random generated maps have to do with the editor? i.e.: does this version include random maps although it doesn't have the editor? That would make the game VERY replayable, something ideal for me.

3. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    I hope so, on the PC the random mission generation feature has nothing to do with the editor. I really hope it does.

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    That's true that the need to frequently pause and plan makes it more strategic; maybe I just did too much running and gunning.

5. elanaibaKHG

elanaibaKHG Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    Undeadcow, which version of Door Kickers did you play?

I was curious of what you said and I downloaded the free (ad based) edition of Draw Wars. While I won't comment on the quality of another developer's release, I find the game extremely different from Door Kickers.

Door Kickers is a game that lets you plan a highly precise Special Forces assault on an enemy held stronghold. It has skills, gear and weapons to help with that. It lets you plan a coordinated assault, draw fields of fire, establish coordination and simultaneous entries via Go Codes. Its a game where having the back towards an unchecked area sends a trooper home in a body bag.

Draw Wars seemed more like a large scale strategy game with tanks, planes and squads of soldiers.

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Darn i got super excited for this but then I realized it's ipad only. Oh well...

7. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Changed the thread tag. Thanks!

8. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    This is what I thought. I'm very excited towards this game :)

9. elanaibaKHG

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    The ipad version comes with a fully functional Mission Generator. Exactly like on the PC, this includes 2 options - generating missions (gameplay) on existing maps, or generating simplified maps (killhouse-like) + gameplay.

In the future we would like to toy with fully generating actual residences and other lifelike structures - there is some research available on the subject.

10. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    It's been a while since I played Door Kickers on PC (winter-ish, GOG version); perhaps I'm due to revisit but initially felt underwelmed... it's likely others will enjoy it more and mobile touch interface should be smooth.

11. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Doorkickers has more in common with Frozen Synapse than any line drawing game.

12. elanaibaKHG

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    Undeadcow, if it was on GOG it was definitely a Release version or later. If you can stomach to play the newest builds some more, I'd definitely like to know more about why you felt underwhelmed and how the game can be improved. I'll definitely watch this space but you can always take the direct route and mail me to tomcat AT inthekillhouse DOT com

13. guzhenjie1

guzhenjie1 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2014
    I've just played it for a while, It is a really great game! There is a small bug of music: if I win a mission and wait one or two minutes in the winning screen, the background music will stop playing.

14. elanaibaKHG

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    @guzhenjie1 - noted, we're investigating

15. elanaibaKHG

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
  16. schnedi

schnedi Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Since this game support zoom, is full playable in iphone!!

[​IMG]

17. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    For some reason this is not in HK Store.

18. Scrye

Scrye Member

Oct 14, 2013
    Currently only in NZ and Romania, no one else can get it. Yet. :mad:

19. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Nice. Thank you. That's what I wanted to know. Though I'd imagine it controls rather finicky on even a 6+, which is what I want to give it a go on.

20. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I can see Infected listed at HK Store but not this... Kinda soft launch, right?