Universal Door Kickers: Action Squad (by KILLHOUSE GAMES SRL)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Apr 2, 2020.

1. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Been mentioned a bunch of times, but is the dev looking into a dedicated jump button?

2. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    If you have a Discord channel I can send you a video of it.

3. elanaibaKHG

elanaibaKHG Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    Won't be a rush fix but we are debating it in the team.

4. elanaibaKHG

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    This is the DKAS discord: https://discord.gg/NeVggTN
    And I'm this guy: elanaibaKHG#3645

5. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    @elanaibaKHG I just wanted to say I do really love this game it’s really good and whenever I get on my phone it’s all I want to play. Just beat chapter 1 and now I’m storming through chapter 2 and really enjoying it. I love aimed shot it’s got to be the best skill in the game....well the breacher skill is pretty great but his guns are risky around hostages.

I would love it if one day you did add couch co-op but more importantly for me online co-op would be amazing and just take the game to a whole new level. But even as the game is it feels like I’ve stolen it from you for what I paid and for how great it is.

houseofg, elanaibaKHG and Gwarmaxx like this.
  6. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #126 macplash, Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    Anyone knows how to make it through the guy with iron shield in 2-10 once the water starts rising, flooding the basement?

edit: also, since update, the game keeps crashing like crazy. Like every second attempt I make. Randomly during the gameplay. In different levels. It’s ridiculous!

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Screen-rotation update is out!

ste86uk likes this.
  8. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash Maybe I won’t try that update then? Have you tried using the door charges?

macplash likes this.
  9. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I don’t know. Yesterday I went through the whole first Chapter without a single issue or crash whatsoever. Today the game crashing like crazy. As I said, one of two attempts at playing ends up with crash. I mean, this is unacceptable!

I don’t know what you mean by door charges. Like using it against that guy with iron shield? There are no doors on that floor. He wanders around freely.

10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash I’ve had the odd one or two but nothing frequent, hopefully they fix it.

As for the breach charges I just remember reading this on a tips section about the game, unsure if it’s your boss? But maybe you can use them not on a door?
    • You can use the breaching charge and detonate behind the shield boss's back. 3 will do the job.

macplash likes this.
  11. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Hey! Thanks a bunch, you’re the best! Worked like a charm.;)

ste86uk likes this.
  12. elanaibaKHG

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    Have you changed anything in the playing style or characters? We've spotted the crash from lijpop and fixing it now, he's using the breacher slug shot and it crashes in some circumstances.

Ijipop likes this.
  13. elanaibaKHG

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    Thanks for the kind words! Its great to hear people being happy with our games :)

How would you see coop working? For online, would it be with friends or randoms? For couch coop - do you mean like with a tablet, using controllers, or?

ste86uk likes this.
  14. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #134 macplash, Apr 3, 2020
    Yesterday I’ve been playing exclusively with Off-duty guy. Today I’m playing Assaulter, so that might be it? I don’t know. I’ll try the Off-duty guy for a while to try to confirm the game works without crashes with him (even though I maxed him out already and I’d rather progress through the game instead of testing the fully released version for random crashes, you know). But whatever helps to solve this, because it’s getting out of hand.

——————
    EDIT: yep, just had another crash (with Off-duty guy this time), in 2-11 during regular gameplay, without using Ultimate or skill or anything, just during the walk.

15. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Hello Dev, got a question for you (and my apologies if someone already asked) will you add a difficulty option? I don’t mind a game being too hard, but it’s always nice to have the choice to make it slightly easier to go further into the game.

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Your choice of character essentially acts as a difficulty selector. ;)

djstout and Ijipop like this.
  17. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #137 ste86uk, Apr 3, 2020
    No problem it’s a great game, thanks for making it. Also on the crash side of things I’m using assaulter only for a while now and have only had the odd crash usually with doors that change floors still.

As for how they would work that’s hard to imagine, local co-op I guess would be good either like you said on the same device using controls or using different devices to play together locally. Although I imagine that’s a small market?

Online is obviously a bigger market and I’d have to play with randoms but the option to add friends etc as you play with them and like them is always good to find people to play with regular. Although I guess the biggest challenge there is you need some communication or people will just run around shooting everything and you’ll be chasing them playing catch-up rather than working as a team.

@macplash glad I could help and at least now I know what to do too.

Edit: after updating my game just crashed and quit after going through a door when I was practically at the end of the level.

18. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #138 macplash, Apr 3, 2020
    @elanaibaKHG so I was able to reproduce the crash. It’s happening always at the same point, just after opening those doors (or shooting at that bomb-vest enemy). Anyway, because of that I’m not able to progress further with this particular level as it crashes every single time. So, yeah.

EDIT: yep, the same with Off-duty guy.

EDIT2: even more accurate information - the crash is caused by that agent in a blue shirt shooting bomb-vest enemy. If I shoot the agent and kill the bomb-vest guy myself - no crash! If I let the guy chase me and let him eventually kill me - no crash. Just so you know.

19. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    there's no rule for crashes, happen everywhere, maybe is the wrong RAM usage or something like that.

@elanaibaKHG i have issues also with music, sometimes it turns off and only the effects remain stable.

20. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #140 macplash, Apr 3, 2020
    Obviously there’s numerous issues in the game. These crashes are unacceptable. But @Gwarmaxx you’re wrong about no rule for crashes. As you can see I can reproduce the crash at exact point, which is not random in this particular case. Dunno about the rest, but this one’s not random.

edit: and yes, as @Gwarmaxx said, music sometimes turns itself off. Only sound fx remains.

edit2: @elanaibaKHG Currently the game has rating 3.5 out of 5 stars on the US App Store and it could get worse if not fixed soon. These issues should’ve been addressed during beta. This could hurt the game during its launch as not a lot of people has tendency to change their reviews even if the game’s fixed eventually.

Gwarmaxx likes this.