Universal Door Kickers: Action Squad (by KILLHOUSE GAMES SRL)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Apr 2, 2020.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I thought there wouldn't be any games that appealed to me this week but this one looks WOW.

solarnya, Ijipop and ste86uk like this.
  2. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    The proof that star system isn’t a good idea. Despite the fact I got 36 stars (which is correctly stated on Chapter selection screen), when in Chapter and selecting the Mission, in the lower left corner it counts only available stars (I didn’t spend yet) not all the stars I earned (as it should). I’m still having a blast with the game though.;)
    —-

Attached Files:

Talbs and Ijipop like this.
  3. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Sorry, totally missed your question. I’m running with off-duty guy for the moment. Great default weapon (high accuracy) and aim-shot skill. Also I’m mostly focusing on leveling the team skill tree first.
    —-

Attached Files:

ste86uk likes this.
  4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #84 ste86uk, Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    @macplash looks like your doing great already. Yes he is good isn’t he, I just did a few levels with him and it was much easier than my attempts with recon. Shield was good and accurate but maybe he makes it too easy?

I’m thinking of trying assault next as a main as he has the aimed shot too and I like his skills more than off duty guy for me.

Edit: also is it just me or does staggering your fire really improve that recoil and accuracy?

5. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #85 macplash, Apr 3, 2020
    I just took a short break from Bomb Chicken. Still a few levels to finish it, but the last world is SOO HAAARD. But yeah, in Action Squad I’m doing alright.;) So far. Although I’m getting my ass kicked in Tower mode. That’s quite challenging. I might need to hold off until I upgrade my skill tree properly.

edit> to your edit> if it’s anything like IRL it should even though I can’t confirm. I’m usually going either full auto if against the bigger group or 2 shots in a row (because so far it was always enough to kill the enemy). I’m also investing a lot of skill points to increase accuracy. So, yeah.

ste86uk likes this.
  6. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash Yes it seems if I’m shooting longer range staggering helps for sure but close range just need to burst fire I tested out each way and that seemed to work best.

Is that in the team skills or the class skill for your accuracy?

I found a secret in one level although it’s the only one I’ve ever found and I explore quite a lot so I wouldn’t think I’d miss any? But nothing in the level select shows I found one now or anything.

It’s good to take a break from games when they get really tough, now you have two to enjoy!

macplash likes this.
  7. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk for accuracy it’s a class skill. But pretty much every upgrade has its merits. I’m curious if the class level has a cap - although I hope not. I’d like to upgrade my guys to the full potential eventually.;)

Secrets, yeah. Those colorful donuts, right? Found like 6 out of 20 already. I don’t think they have any special meaning or reward. But it’s nice to hunt for some collectibles.;) Having some Game Center achievements would be nice though.

ste86uk likes this.
  8. ioso

ioso Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2017
    Male
    #88 ioso, Apr 3, 2020
    Great game but I am missing three things:

- iCloud Sync (Want to play on my iPad with the same save game)
    - the possibility to rearrange the Controls
    - Screen orientation

9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Any tips for the guys that hold a hostage? Even aimed shot just killed the hostage.

10. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Throw a flashbang at them. They’ll let go of the hostage.;)

ste86uk likes this.
  11. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I just thought I’d trying that after I posted it to ask.

So I’m still worried at the moment with skills as the class skills I spend I can reset and get back but the shared skills I can’t reset to get the points back. Like early on I spent all of agent and shields points on the shared skill tree. But now if I ever want to use them won’t they be really weak because I can’t get those points back to use in class skills? And the characters I only used points in the class skills for will have more class skills and be stronger?

12. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk that’s why I said earlier I hope there’s no cap on class level, so I can grind and eventually upgrade the whole class skill tree.

ste86uk likes this.
  13. quangvietnguyen

quangvietnguyen Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    So many quality premium releases lately, this game is no exception, incredible

ste86uk likes this.
  14. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk btw, that team skill tree requires 12 levels (24 points) to get fully upgraded. You got 6 classes. Just try every class, play one level repeatedly with each one of them and bring everyone to level 3. That’ll give you enough points to fully upgrade your team skill tree. Just to get it of the way. One less thing to worry about. It’ll greatly increase your team health and strategic points gain during the gameplay. To do this it’ll take you like 30 minutes? I did it on Chapter 1 Level 2. You can clear the house under a minute. And when it’s done, you can focus on individual classes and their skills.;)

btw, did you try to enable antialiasing in the options? LOL!

ste86uk likes this.
  15. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    That sounds like a good idea, so far I’m saving assault and recon. I don’t know how to do spoiler tags but the answer is no but I’ll have to look now.

16. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk remember yesterday how we had a hard time to get 3 stars on 2nd level? Well, I’m doing that in 44 seconds now.:D

ste86uk and elanaibaKHG like this.
  17. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    So I already found out about the class level cap.o_O

3CB0B81B-7C96-4688-B2F5-4A2047EE54E0.jpeg

18. elanaibaKHG

elanaibaKHG Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    Update with proper orientation/rotation and other fixes should be up.

ioso, Ijipop, ste86uk and 1 other person like this.
  19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #99 psj3809, Apr 3, 2020
    Thanks so much. Specially for the screen orientation !!

downloading now in the U.K. !

Edit - Oh oh maybe a bug ! Oh an iphone xs. Off-duty guy, second mission in, all i hear is 'going fishing bunny' over and over. Go back to the menu and its still playing then stops. Played the level again, says 'whats so important' once and then all good

ste86uk likes this.
  20. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @elanaibaKHG what about this class level cap? What’s the advice to stop you missing out by making some more powerful than others because some will need to level up that shared skill tree and will have less points for their class tree?

Also what’s the reasoning?

@macplash I did see that I was reading info on the classes and weapons etc from a steam group for the game but wasn’t sure if it’s the same version or different