Universal Door Kickers: Action Squad (by KILLHOUSE GAMES SRL)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Looks really nice!

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Finally got 3 stars on level 2 and the recon isn’t so bad now I’ve unlocked body Armor and flash bangs. Although the stars to unlock things are those the stars I get from completing levels? How do I know how many I have? Is the star icon under the character portrait the overall stars and I have to use them wisely choosing what to unlock?

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yes to all of the above. :p

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    How did you do level 2 ? When i went up in the lift theres someone left and right of me. How did you kill them ?

5. elanaibaKHG

elanaibaKHG Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    Most levels allow some sort of variation in approach, like going out the fire escape ladders and coming through the windows.

ste86uk likes this.
  6. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I cheated, I went through the door and then instantly back through it again. It set them off and I waited until they wondered away and then killed them all as it set 3 off.

7. elanaibaKHG

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    Smart. But know there are enemies later in the game that will come after you ^^

ste86uk likes this.
  8. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Hey, what’s wrong with my music?

9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    That’s what I was thinking they would do.

I really do like this game I haven’t done much but there’s so much to it. I just have to pick which class I like most and then I’ll really get into it. At the moment I don’t want to push far and level up a character I might not want to use later on.

Been buying the extra life now rather than the med kit it seems much more beneficial.

10. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #50 macplash, Apr 2, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    Jump on the trash bin right in the beginning and climb the ladder outside the house on the left. Break the window, headshot the closest guy and go full auto on remaining two that starts to run at you by the elevator. Solved.:)

edit> btw, this game needs separate jump button like others already suggested. So far it’s manageable, but if there’s a need for quick responses and accuracy later in the game, the default control scheme might be a cause of lot of problems.

elanaibaKHG and psj3809 like this.
  11. elanaibaKHG

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    You know there is a point to leveling up more than one character since the skill tree also has a common squad points area - the first two bars - and all troopers can contribute and benefit from it ;)

12. elanaibaKHG

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    Does this always happen? what phone?

13. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I don’t know. I just tried the game for like 10 minutes. Dunno about always. Shouldn’t be happening at all. Playing on iPad 6th gen 2018.

14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    ooo I didn’t know that, thank you! I thought that was just a skill tree everyone can unlock but that you still had to unlock them on each character. What you said it way better!

15. elanaibaKHG

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    True, but It didn't ever happen for us or our testers. Trying to nail the source. Thanks for the details.

16. elanaibaKHG

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    Regarding controllers, what particular kind would you people like to use?

17. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    I think the comment about controller and mp were in answer to a question from the dev about those specific features?

I have been waiting for this, but haven’t picked it up so can’t comment on gameplay. I loved the first as a turn based, I woudn’t end up playing this without a controller so thought it would be better to reply to the dev’s question than leave without any feedback :)

For the dev - I have an Nimbus MFI, but tend to play on a PS4 controller these days :)

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  18. elanaibaKHG

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    The extra life helps a lot in finishing some hard levels, but know that losing a life also loses you one star from the potential max you get for that level run.

(lose a star for losing any hostage, lose a star for any trooper deaths).

ste86uk likes this.
  19. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I’m too deep in to another game at the moment, so I won’t be able to test it today as thoroughly as I otherwise could. But whenever I’m done with Bomb Chicken, I’m gonna test the shit out of your game. No worries. We’ll figure it out. You can’t blame me for not being fully occupied with Action Squad right off the bat. You’re 6 days too early after all. (Not an accusation nor complain - just stating the facts:D)

20. elanaibaKHG

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    What the hell is Bomb Chicken.

With that name I HAVE TO CHECK IT OUT :D

metalcasket likes this.