Universal Door Kickers: Action Squad (by KILLHOUSE GAMES SRL)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Sagar Asthana

Sagar Asthana Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2020
    Male
    #281 Sagar Asthana, Apr 13, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    It's on chapter 3 level 10(Laboratory Crisis) when you go up the elevator and both of them come out from the left and right, and there's a hostage to my extreme right next to the door where one of them comes out from.
    I know there must be a way to avoid this, it's just that i haven't figured it out yet maybe.
    In the process of trying to save the hostage, i either get myself killed or i kill the flamethrower guy and he in turn kills the hostage by exploding.
    Nevertheless I'll keep trying and trying until i succeed. I won't go for anything less than 3 stars. :cool::cool:

2. Sagar Asthana

Apr 9, 2020
    Male
    I saw a walkthrough on YouTube of the stage and figured it out finally. I was making a mistake:confused: and i finally cleared it now:cool:

elanaibaKHG likes this.
  3. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Any plans for controller support? My DS4 is itching to aid me in destroying perps

4. elanaibaKHG

elanaibaKHG Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    Yep, its one of the things we're gonna look at next.

D1vi8, Lull4by and skoptic like this.
  5. Sagar Asthana

Apr 9, 2020
    Male
    Hey @elanaibaKHG any news on the android controls fix?

6. elanaibaKHG

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    Not yet, but our Mobile lead was Out of office Monday-Tuesday, she was burned out. Will receive some news today.

(Also keep in mind we're all in lockdown / work from home. There's currently 2 kids running around my desk, and by desk i mean kitchen table)

L.Lawliet, skoptic, ste86uk and 3 others like this.
  7. Sagar Asthana

Apr 9, 2020
    Male
    I totally understand and it's totally ok, no hurries at all. Just asked out of curiosity that's it:);)

elanaibaKHG likes this.
  8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I wouldn’t stress it, you have been amazing with the communication on here and all of the updates already done since launch in such a short time and in lockdown. So really well done and thank you.

elanaibaKHG and skoptic like this.
  9. elanaibaKHG

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    Ok, more crashes being squashed, we also found an ios 9.x issue that basically crashed the game. No word on Droid issues yet.

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Never have I been more glad to have not made too much progress on a game. Thank you Bomb Chicken for keeping my attention busy! Went on a deleting spree last night, decided to fire this up just now and lo and behold, “Where the **** is Door Kickers?!?!?!”

Oops!

(Sorry, I know this isn’t CasketBlogcade)

11. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @metalcasket LOL, did you delete it by accident? I’d be devastated! True, I fully 3-starred only 3 chapters so far, but still. I maxed out 4 classes, that took some serious time. Which brings us to the burning question. @elanaibaKHG any plans for adding iCloud support?

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yarp. :( I'm trying to process how it happened. Maybe because I keep everything alphabetically and with this being labelled Action Squad yet appearing after Dead Cells my brain got confused? I DUNNO LOL

13. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    You really keep your apps lined up alphabetically? I usually separate them by the genre. But, in your case, it IS labeled Action Squad, you’re right. Blame the developer!:D I would.:) Anyway, I hope you’re willing to start over! It’d be a shame to pass on this game because of an unfortunate mistake.

14. elanaibaKHG

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    Ok, I'll take the blame :) Yes, looking for icloud, but probably next week or later (it's Easter weekend here soon).

macplash and metalcasket like this.
  15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    All my apps are in folders, but yeah, they're organized alphabetically according to their App Store names or actual names (NecroDancer: Amplified actually being Crypt of the... for example). You underestimate how much I stick to my "Finish & Delete" rule though...I really, really only have 9 games on my phone right now. :p

But yeah, I was only done 3-starring the first half of the first set of levels in Action Squad, so no biggie. Already back at it. And haha, I have no problem with it being Action Squad. Just trying to make sense of why I offed it. >_>

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Please don't change it! Well, unless you wanna do something like DK: Action Squad, which would be cool, provided it fits on iPhones (without those damn ellipses)!

17. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Right! Donkey Kong: Action Squad.:D

elanaibaKHG likes this.
  18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Don't be silly, you! Would you prefer Door Kickers: AS? :p

macplash and elanaibaKHG like this.
  19. Sagar Asthana

Apr 9, 2020
    Male
    Hey @elanaibaKHG i found a new bug today in the game. It's that while playing if i pause the game and lock my phone, and then unlock it and start playing again, then the resources bar and the player photo at the top shift to the bottom left and obstructs the movement controls. I have to restart my whole game to correct the bug. Here's a screenshot of it(before and after unlocking the phone)

Attached Files:

elanaibaKHG likes this.
  20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    @elanaibaKHG Just some food for thought. While I vastly prefer the new logo-less icon on my device, I feel like it would be better for your branding to retain the DK: AS logo on the icon in the App Store itself (you can do that, if you're not aware ;)). If you're concerned that the logo is too small, perhaps have the App Store icon be JUST the logo (sans characters), while the device icon remains the current (new) one? :D

elanaibaKHG likes this.