Universal Door Kickers: Action Squad (by KILLHOUSE GAMES SRL)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Apr 2, 2020.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    From the latest games I’ve played Snake Core comes to mind. Works like this:

elanaibaKHG likes this.
  2. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Searched through my games, and I think Rogue Legacy is the closest I want.

While not a d-pad, the game has a joystick that follows around the finger, so the size doesn’t matter.
    Buttons can be moved around and re-sized.

elanaibaKHG likes this.
  3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You are a treasure, mate!

Yeah, while there’s definitely no need to be able to move and resize individual directions, just being able to move and resize the entire d-pad in Action Squad would be awesome.

4. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    No crashes, but switching between different classes still messes up their selected loadout which is incredibly annoying. Any ETA on fix for that?

5. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Update log says the bug with music stopping is fixed. It occurred for me after the update and required the phone reboot to fix it. The sound effects were working though.

6. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Btw anyone know the condition that the bomb jacket on a hostage explodes? Killing a guy with a detonator fast or not hitting the hostage doesn’t seem like a solution.

7. elanaibaKHG

elanaibaKHG Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    Sometimes, the detonator dude doesn't die, he gets a 2nd wind on the floor. Watch for him.

Jstorm likes this.
  8. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Regarding the off-duty guy, are you sure weapons are working as intended?

I maxed out his accuracy, and the AK is far more accurate than the Carbine, almost like a laser rifle, but the weapon stats says otherwise.

9. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    @elanaibaKHG still get the same crashes as before the update, so music disappearance, crashes, etc.

elanaibaKHG likes this.
  10. elanaibaKHG

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    Pretty sure, yeah. Keep in mind the accuracy is mostly 1st shot spread.

Sagar Asthana and Jstorm like this.
  11. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @elanaibaKHG so, what’s the next update‘s ETA? Specifically, is the loadout issue when switching classes gonna be fixed soon? Because right now I’m spending more time selecting items than playing. It’s starting to be unbearable up to the point I’m considering to stop playing at all until it’s fixed. And that’s not a good sign!

12. Sagar Asthana

Sagar Asthana Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2020
    Male
    I got the game on android yesterday and must say it's amazing! I've already completed the first chapter with 3 stars and onto the second one now
    One thing i noticed is that on android could you please add an exit option in the future? I always have to minimise the app and clear it from the recents menu. A very minor issue but yeah would be great if i could directly exit from the game itself.

13. elanaibaKHG

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    Currently testing a version with customizable control surfaces (Dpad), but looking also to fix that.

macplash likes this.
  14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I’m still playing it tons. Like throwing a flash into a room and shooting them while they’re dazed.

Such a great game. Been playing it tons Must admit the timed missions make me very very stressed !!

ste86uk and Sagar Asthana like this.
  15. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Did you make it through 4.5 (Secret Stronghold)? I’m stuck there. Can’t get 3 stars - so many unpredictable situations.

16. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I noticed that those bombers that are still alive after falling onto the floor can be stunned with flashbangs. You will need to go up to them and melee to finish them off.

I saved the sniper skill to pick off the lady with Molotov cocktails that is waiting above barrels.

Attached Files:

macplash likes this.
  17. elanaibaKHG

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    The molotov lady is not the end of the world, you should still have plenty of time for what needs to be done there....

18. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Not a d-pad*, but Dead Cells has what might be the best possible example of a static and floating stick in any side-scroller in recent memory. And the best controls (excepting those durned ladders :D ) for any side-scroller I've played. The game is also jam-packed with buttons - including a separate jump button on the right-hand side - and for me it still works beautifully, so I wouldn't worry about button overload if you add a jump button to DK. But letting us move and resize the buttons will likely be key if you do.

Dust: An Elysian Tail is another good example of good controls in a side-scroller.

And as Metalcasket points out, Rocketcat Games have some of the best controls on the platforms in general. Wayward Souls and Mage Gauntlet might be good inspiration, even if they are topdown/isometric action games.

* I've never actually played with a d-pad that's been as good as a stick in any side-scroller I can remember, and I'm hard-pressed to think of a pad that's even felt sufficient for me.

19. Sagar Asthana

Sagar Asthana Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2020
    Male
    #239 Sagar Asthana, Apr 10, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    I've noticed a bug that whenever I'm shooting while moving and if i change directions during that time, my character starts reloading all of a sudden even when i have sufficient ammo still left in the clip, and it gets me killed most of the times in chapter 2 stage 10 when there are enemies coming from both my sides through doors. I try to kill one and change the direction, and sometimes it works and sometimes i don't know what happens my character starts reloading and a suicide bomber blows me up to bits or a brown shirt katanna guy chops me from behind.
    This is happening when I'm playing as the assaulter (I haven't tried the other classes yet). I guess it has something to do with the movement controls, and the shooting button being used together at the same time.

Also the music sometimes stops playing, maybe when i restart a level. It has happened only twice though. I have to restart the game to get the music back.
    Could you please look into it @elanaibaKHG ?

elanaibaKHG likes this.
  20. elanaibaKHG

Jun 9, 2015
    game developer
    Bucharest, Romania
    I can't reproduce this. Are you on Android or iOS, btw?