Universal Doomsday Clicker (by Prodigy Design Limited T/A Sidhe Interactive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Mar 15, 2016.

1. OverClocked!

OverClocked! New Member

Apr 25, 2016
    #101 OverClocked!, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    Human Count

I don't think anything is broken as I experienced this even before the latest update.

I have observed this and came to the conclusion that this behavior may be by design. There appears to be a ratio that must be maintained in order for humans to continue to accumulate. When you get to the later rooms (especially Pacific Ocean), your mutant count gets pretty large. If you click the creatures that increase your mutant and coin count repeatedly, this ratio of Current Mutants to Session Earnings gets thrown out of balance. It seems that humans only accumulate when you purchase new room floors and earn coins from your floors organically. The creature bonus counts don't seem to contribute to your human accumulation. On the contrary. They seem to inhibit it.

As a test, wait until you see your human count start to increment again and watch what happens when you click a single creature that gives you bonus coins or mutants. If your human count pauses, then you have exceeded that ratio and must wait for your rooms to produce enough coins to get it back within an acceptable threshold.

I haven't found what this ratio actually is, but I know that if I get creature-click-happy, I know my human count will suffer and I have to wait several hours or days for it to catch up.

To help put things back into balance, make sure you are sacrificing mutants for bonus earning percentages and speed increases to help get that human count back up.

I was hoping someone from PikPok could confirm my suspicions about this.

2. Rlan

Rlan Active Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Senior Game Designer, PikPok
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Hey guys! Designer here!

We released a new update last week which should sort out a lot of issues with Mutant number crunching. We also added these cuties:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you're still enjoying the game! Lots of new stuff coming soon too :)

3. jdhouse6795@yahoo.com

[email protected] New Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Restarting

This question is not about pushing the red button. Is there a way to erase the game from my phone and start over? I cheated a few times and I see now that this game would be more enjoyable without cheating. Cheating causes the human population to reach a plateau and quit growing.

4. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Delete the whole game from your phone including data/saves?

A new update has been released introducing a lot of balancing, UI improvements, and new features and content.

v1.5
    change notes

- NEW! Unlock the Space Base to collect rewards and meet new Roomies!
    - NEW! Roomies bring perks to your bunkers and maximize profits. Collect them all!
    - NEW! Connect to Facebook and compare your doomsday and mutant counts with friends!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Quite a lot of new things, so the team has rolled straight onto optimization and bugfixing to make sure the game is as slick and stable as possible. Let us know if you have any problems.

5. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    A new update is out

v1.6
    change notes

- 20 more roomies to collect
    - performance optimizations!

6. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Another new update!

[​IMG]

v1.7.2
    change notes

- 10 Brand new Roomies - the weirdest ones yet!
    - New Bonuses! You will now get sweet Trophies and Bonuses by getting all Silver, Gold or Platinum rooms!
    - iOS stickers to spice up your OS10 messages!

7. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    A big new update for Doomsday Clicker was released yesterday, celebrating the holiday season

Change notes
    v1.9

Doomsday Clicker is celebrating the silly season the only way they know how - with a ton more mischief and destruction!
    • 10 new and unique roomies
    • Christmas Mega Monster - appears in the background of your unlocked locations. Tap it away to claim big rewards!
    • Christmas Room Incidents - what better way to kick off the holiday season than with some misbehaving elves?
    • Christmas-themed Doomsday - unleash some festive destruction and cause a ho-ho-horrible disaster!
    • Christmas remix of the original background music - sung by the characters and elves!

8. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This game was great at release but not sure if I can do it all over again to get to the new content.
    I should of kept it on my device. So many updates

9. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Glad you liked it.

The collectible roomies, mega monster events, and incidents all open up when you open the second location I think which can be done within a day. The Christmas doomsday scenario is just in the normal mix from the outset.

So not too much of a chore to get to the new stuff I would hope if you were going to give it another whirl.

10. LokkenJP

LokkenJP Member

Jan 17, 2012
    #110 LokkenJP, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    Greetings PikPok.

I'm a bit late to the party, but I've just discovered Doomsday Clicker and for now, I'm having quite a blast. :)

The idea of an idle clicker game, which in fact does not involve madness clicking is appealing. AdCap never hooked me in the end, so I'm giving this one a chance.

So far game has been smooth, mechanics are pretty straightforward, and no apparent bugs hampered the gaming. Nevertheless, given the deterministic and numerical nature of this kind of games, (I like to find out inner numbers and statistics to find optimal breakpoints and such), I find quite disturbing the apparent 'obscure' nature of the human/mutant generation algorythm. Several other posters have reported stalls, unstable growth rates, and so on. Maybe this got corrected during patching, but in my case, I've been unable to figure out the actual algorythm governing human growth rate, (which is critical to understand when is the optimal point for pushing the Big Red and start again).

Could someone from PikPok explain in detail how is the Human/mutant growth rate calculated? Is it just a direct function of the current income generation rate, or there are other factors involved?

As a secondary issue, I find pretty strange the distribution of the price increase in the rooms for each scenario. As user Indalico pointed previously, seems the price increase for each room is, from top to bottom: 7%, 15%, 14%, 13%, 12%, 11%, 10%, 9%, 8%, and 7% (for the first scenario). More advanced scenarios seems to have different distributions, but none seems to follow a logical pattern.
    As such, usually only the first and the last two rooms in each scenario are worth heavy investing. Leveling up the rest is just a matter of getting the silver/gold trophies which multiplies the whole scenario output.
    Is this intended?

Thank you

L