iPad DOOM II RPG (by id Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by eggzbacon, Feb 8, 2010.

1. DPP13

DPP13 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    College Student
  2. Urthop

Urthop Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    How different are the 3 characters? Enough to warrant unique gameplay experiences?

3. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Awesome sauce. I didn't realise that this game was out already.

4. FlyinJ

FlyinJ Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    How the heck are you supposed to pass the second boss (the one that spews pinkies out of it's mouth). I must have tried 5 times already, hepped up on tons of nano drinks and spraying holy water, chainsaws and shot gun shells everywhere. I always die at the second wave of pinkies.

5. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    wheres DOOM 2? Without the RPG bullshit?

6. DPP13

DPP13 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    College Student
    Back yourself into a corner so you are facing only the boss and one Pinky at a time.

7. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    That's just what I've heard. It may or may not be true, I was just reporting what I've heard. And maybe there were disputes after the release of he 2d one? Either way, I hope it isn't dead. I'd pick it up in a second.

I crashed as well. It was right after you find the dude dancing in the hall. I went to go do something and the screen went black and crashed to springboard.

8. Arock

Arock Well-Known Member

May 8, 2009
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Has any one else experienced the never ending loop of Arch-Vile summoned monsters in the Gehenna level?

I'm not sure if it is a bug but near the end of the level one Arch-Vile keeps summoning monsters over and over and over. Even killing the Arch-Vile doesn't help. It just keeps appearing right after you kill it with full health. :mad:

9. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Umm... there was a 2D version of Bioshock released for the iPhone? Or am I interpreting something wrong... if not, anyone have a link to the app info?

10. Twiddle

Twiddle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    Could anyone tell me how to play the Matrix Skip? It's the puzzle I play to unlock a sentry bot. I read the instructions a number of times, it's just confusing.

11. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

The number at the top tells you how many grids to skip. So if it's 2, skip 2 grids each time and input the number you land on. If the number you land on is also 2, then keep skipping 2 until you land on a number that's not 2.

The rocket launcher must be the most useless weapon ever... not only can you not use it when the enemy is right in front of you, but it has extremely bad accuracy (I'd say 50% hit chance at most), and only average damage (about the same damage as a sniper rifle lol). And funny it's the last weapon you get. o_O

12. Twiddle

Twiddle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    Oh okay, thanks. I actually like the rocket launcher, I use it a lot. This game is epic. Everyone, buy this game, it deserves some income so we can get a sequel!

13. xCaptainx

xCaptainx Active Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Sorry if this has already been address ( I saw someone mention it in the first few pages)

But could someone please shed some light as to why this is not available through the New Zealand app store? I have Ressurection, CLassic, Wolf classic, Wolf RPG and Duke 3D and funnily enough, I cant seem to find most of these on the NZ app store anymore.

What's happened? I reaaaaaaaally want this app, haha.

14. Satyrion

Satyrion New Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Same with the Norwegian app store. The game myQuest isn't available either.

I can get wolfenstein 3D classic lite, but not the full game, which could mean it's not intended..

15. drdanick

drdanick Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Student/procrastinator
    New Zealand
    I too cannot see any id software game, apart from Wolfenstein 3D lite, in the NZ app store. It's interesting that most of the games published under id were removed. I'm not sure why the lite version of wolf is still there, but since we're not the only country to see this happen, my guess is either licensing issues or something completely irrational.

Either way, I don't think these games are coming back to us folk in the near future.. :/

But, does anyone want to help me "spam" [email protected] with queries on this matter? Maybe a crowd could get their attention (I see a single user in this thread emailed them to no avail)

16. Helpmejailbreakmyipod

Helpmejailbreakmyipod Active Member

Dec 13, 2009
    I am on Kepler, which is the third level. I just ran into a huge pit, and an officer on the other side of the pit told me to get a blue keycard and then find a switch to acces a secret lab. I found the blue keycard after killing a swarm of enemies, but I couldn't find the switch. Could someone help? Thanks!

17. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    $3.99 -> $.99

18. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    yes, if you loved Wolfenstein, which I did, you´ll love this too. Actually I think it´s even better than Wolfenstein and there are only few things better than shooting Nazies!

19. Obscure

Obscure Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Australia
    For that price that's a definite sale from me.

20. Caprone

Caprone Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2010
    I bought it at full price and at .99$ it's a safe buy!