iPad DOOM II RPG (by id Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by eggzbacon, Feb 8, 2010.

1. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I haven't finished Wolf RPG yet either. I'm stuck on the guy you have to kill with the Spear Of Destiny.

2. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    That bastard is a tough mofo, but if you juice up with all the syringes you have, is not that hard.

Is this game better than Wolfenstein RPG? I enjoyed that one quite a lot, even with all the game design flaws.

3. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Well, seeing as you liked Wolf RPG:

Buy.

4. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Nice surprise, instantly bought. The first Doom RPG is the only game I still bother to play on my cell phone. It's that good. Never had this sequel, so I'm excited to get the shiny updated version. I just really hope id doesn't think us poor customers will be "confused" and wait a ridiculous amount of time to release the actual Doom II game/DLC.

5. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Hahaha Doom RPG is the only reason why I still hold onto my old verizon phone. :)

6. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Lol, yeah, that load of crap. Then again, that was EA, who doesn't exactly think they're selling their games to a group of geniuses. This is ID we're talking about here, so we're good to go. Even Carmack though that it was completely stupid that he did that as well.

7. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Seriously, it's still fun and unlike any other cell game it's really easy to play. When I eventually upgrade the iPod for an iPhone I'll probably be like you and keep my crappy cell just to play it every now an again. :)

Oh good point, I didn't think about that it was EA that did that. I hope you're right, and they put it out as soon as they can, so I can hurry up and give them more of my money. :p

8. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Well this is published by id instead of EA as per WolfRPG, I don't think it will ever enter HK nor Japan iTunes store then. :(

9. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    I'm going to download any game with a double barreled shottie from now on.

10. DPP13

DPP13 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    College Student
    Man the final boss looks to be a *****. This game is really short which is lame. It took me many many days and hours to beat WolfRPG and this game I got to the last boss in under 4 hours. Still a great ride though.

11. GuyOne

GuyOne Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Finland
    NOT expecting this at all. I would have thought the actual DOOM II would be released before anything else.

DOOM RPG was the first mobile game that I had to complete the whole way through and I had heard DOOM II RPG was coming so I had to get this right away.

Much like other reports, it is along the lines of Wolf RPG but in the DOOM universe. Pretty decent so far. Done the first level. Though I am worried it will be a very short romp.

Wonder if Orcs & Elves will be released for iPhone as well? Those were both fantastic games as well.

12. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    What's this doing back on page 3? :confused:

I would have thought there'd be more fanfare about this title. Not all it should be?

13. IpodLady

IpodLady Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Washington State
    Wow....this one came outta nowhere. Only $3.99, so cant really go too wrong in getting it if you're on the fence.

14. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    I know... even after 2 front page articles (none with my awesome impressions :( ) it's still not that popular... I'd think everyone would be going crazy since ID just released a new game, but I guess not...

Maybe it was the lack of hype? Who knows?

15. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    we need some HYPE!!!

[​IMG]

16. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Hey, I'm pumped for it! I need to pick it up. The fact that it's turnbased is ok, but imagine how sweet it would be if it wasn't. I want a high speed RPG gunner game. Come on Mission Europa!

But this does look sweet, and I enjoyed Wolfenstein RPG, so I'll pick it up later.

One question though- When you level up, does it automatically change your stats, or do we have more control this time?

17. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Havn't leveled up yet... Still gotta play some more. I played this morning and made some good progress, but there's pretty much no auto-save so MAKE SURE YOU SAVE BEFORE QUITTING!

18. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    I think you can actually customize your stats on level up, I haven't leveled up yet, busy with another game... But I read somewhere that they are customizable, I may be wrong though.

19. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    What is Mission Europa?

20. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere