Universal Doom & Destiny Advanced (by Matteo Nicolotti)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 4, 2015.

1. RandallPeek

RandallPeek Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    Well, I blew up the chicken but I'm still blocked with nowhere to go and nothing to do. I wish I had some idea how to progress.

2. felder

felder Well-Known Member

May 18, 2012
    Yes. I'm noticing this too.

3. Alc819

Alc819 Active Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Is there even a way to look at your own complete inventory of weapons and armor?

4. felder

felder Well-Known Member

May 18, 2012
    Handbooks->Gear from the menu.

5. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    So I think one of the recent patches might have fixed cloud saves. I ended up deleting and redownloading the app (which destroyed my save in the process :( ) but now save syncing is working across devices. At least I wasn't too far before... but anyway it addresses my main complaint.

6. Alc819

Alc819 Active Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Yes synching is working between devices now, I needed to reinstall game on both devices for this to work.

7. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Now that I've had time to play it I can say only immediate I would like to see is the controls they could be fine tuned a little better. Certainly it's not a deal breaker since this game is super cheap for the good quality it is.

8. gaymerX

gaymerX Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2014
    #88 gaymerX, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
    Does anyone know if we can sell items for gol? I have a bunch of stuff I'm not using that I would be happy to sell.

9. Dom1nat0R

Dom1nat0R Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2013
    anyone figure out how to play multiplayer? do you need an account? i have a feeling its not real time

10. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    I'm in the 6th Chapter of this nice game. And i try to fight two dead clones. I know i need to fight them with "Void". But i don't know how to switch to this ability. My Void meter is completly full. Can't do this way any damage to the clones. Searched the web for a solution, but no one has this problem.
    Maybe skipping all dialogue in the game is a bad idea.

11. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    in RPG game - yeah, sure it is a bad idea man.

12. Alc819

Alc819 Active Member

Jun 11, 2012
    auto equip is not working properly. I buy better gear and I cannot equip it. It is baffling as to why I cannot equip my own gear or sell unwanted gear.

13. HEAVY

HEAVY Member

Aug 8, 2015
    A fun game but there are problems. It sometimes won't even load up, even if I'm on wifi. The title screen just stays black and white and nothing happens. Also, I heard earlier that someone experienced not being able to equip their items they bought, and I found that to be true. Also, you can't sell equipment you don't use anymore? I thought this was an RPG staple! Money in the game is already scarce, and you can't even sell your own stuff. Come on now!

14. brainbag

brainbag Active Member

Sep 11, 2014
    #94 brainbag, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    Any advice for how to clear the castle with the fire? I've been all over the castle and fought a ton of times since the enemies re spawn, I've hit every switch I can see, and I can't figure out what the heck to do.

Edit: never mind, I was missing a staircase.

15. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I'm struggling to get into it.

As I said earlier in the thread I loved the first one to bits and it's one of my favorite iOS RPGs but I don't find the controls very intuitive, I'm not a fan of the odd auto equip setup and I'm just finding the whole experience strangely unsatistying.

I'll admit I've only put an hour or so into it so far and I am going to try and persevere but so far I'm disappointed with it.

16. Alc819

Alc819 Active Member

Jun 11, 2012
    This has potential but the gear system is downright bizarre. You can't even equip your own character with its own gear, there is an auto equip system that often doesn't work. Resulting in the ridiculous situation of owning superior gear but not being able to equip it. Huh? And on top of that you can't even sell your unused gear? Not sure what they were thinking with this.

17. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    #97 Retro Nug, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
    I finally decided to pick this up. Kinda blows that I was a day late in deciding and had to pay an extra dollar. It's only a dollar and the game is still way worth more but....meh a dollar less is better than a dollar more. I played for about an hour now but I've decided to go back and finish the first game just because I'm anal like that and like to experience games in the order they are meant to be played. I noticed immediately how much more polished this one seems to be but I can already also tell that I prefer the originals menu and gear and inventory system.

I'd also like to say that I just don't see the point when someone buys an rpg which are usually very story driven only to skip the dialogue. Makes zero sense to me and can only assume that it's due to laziness. If ya don't wanna read then stick with games like Megaman and other platformers. Or Tetris.

18. gaymerX

gaymerX Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2014
    #98 gaymerX, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
    Why can't I equip some stuff that I purchased? Does your level dictate what you can and can't equip? If so, why is that not explained!!?!? Is anyone else suffering from a continual lag?

Has anyone else found the "secret" that also contains an unlimited supply of void? It took me a few minutes to completely max out on void. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be there or if it's a bug.

Honestly, I don't remember the first game being this buggy... Or am I wrong?

19. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    Ok i did a little experiment its when you completely fil up your iphone that the downloaded data files and your savegame will get deleted.

20. Alc819

Alc819 Active Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Your character is supposed to auto equip itself with the best gear possible but the system doesn't seem to be working well. There are no level requirements to be able to equip something. I just don't know why they didn't allow us to just equip our own characters, this would easily solve the problem. And you are also unable to sell your unwanted gear. I hope they address these issues soon.