Universal Doom & Destiny Advanced (by Matteo Nicolotti)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 4, 2015.

1. hincy89

hincy89 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2011
    'Maybe there's a good game under the hood' non of the issues you have raised are related to the gameplay to suggest a bad game to begin with

Ps A strained server will produce lower connection speeds for quite obvious reasons think guys don't slander.

2. RandallPeek

RandallPeek Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    Can anybody help me? I just started the game and I'm already stuck. I can't backtrack because of an immovable chicken and the only way forward is into a building filled with fire that seems to have nothing to do in it and no other way out. What am I missing here?

3. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    just tap action button like a monster and then chicken will blown up.

4. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    I successfully loaded my PC save file via their cloud system. :D Glad I didn't have to start over!

5. panfried

panfried Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Is anyone else noticing that sometimes when you buy new equipment it doesn't equip it even though it is better?
    E.g. I have a Large Shield on my knight, I bought a Perfect Large Shield and nothing happened. He still has his Large Shield on.
    I wish equipment wasn't auto equipped so I could manually put the better ones on, there are around 3 other pieces that I know are better but aren't equipped.

6. brainbag

brainbag Active Member

Sep 11, 2014
    #66 brainbag, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
    I've really been enjoying the game. It's definitely really buggy, and the resource system is not very well balanced. The equipment not equipping properly is annoying.

However it's been incredibly fun. A bit more polish and it will be my favorite iOS RPG. The story is absolutely brilliant and bizarre and the world crafting is top notch. The dungeons are really fantastic, the battle system is stellar, and all of the enemies are unique. There's so many weird status effects. All of that, plus some times laugh out loud nerdy humor (though a bit sexist sometimes imo) and I'm having a great time. Especially for 99c. If a major studio released this, it would be a #1 seller.

The labyrinth
    after you die for the second time
    is really tedious though. The hints are not helpful whatsoever.

Overall a fantastic game with a few annoying-to-serious bugs that I hope are addressed soon.

Does anyone know where to find the urn for the
    Ranger
    and the spirit for the
    Black Guard
    ? I'm clearly supposed to have access to them because there's so many places where I can use them in the map, but I've looked everywhere and can't find them.

7. Dom1nat0R

Dom1nat0R Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2013
    it was different in the first one. its a little confusing at first but you'll get used to it. i prefer the first ones menu system though

8. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Instanbuy !!!

9. cadillackills

cadillackills Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015

I would say, since you have played this, maybe give your criticism just as a warning for those who know this title. For me I am having fun and trying to learn the mechanics. It's is still making me smile with the self awareness (I don't think that's a word) and the writing, your opinion tho.

10. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    #70 Tulki, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    Mechanically I think the game is very solid. There's good variety and customization for your party. Replacing traditional items with artifacts that consume shared resources is a cool concept.

Story-wise... hard to say yet. The English translation is pretty bad, with one out of every five sentences not making grammatical sense. The humour is also very hit-or-miss. There's a lot of TERRIBLE internet memes crammed into it, and a lot of blatant attempts like the spaghetti monster, poop humour, that sort of thing. But then some of the humour is actually subtle and clever. I dunno, it feels like two different people wrote the jokes and one of them was horrible at it while the other was good at it.

Some things suggest it's a lazy PC port. The control scheme screams PC port (you have to use directional swipes to navigate everything, and can't use direct touch controls). The graphics... don't quite scale to an iPhone 6. They don't look bad, but they definitely look a little misshapen or blocky at times. Nothing intolerable, but again it's a sign that nothing was actually redrawn for mobile (the PC port thing again). The majority of game files are delivered with painfully slow in-game downloads so don't expect to update quickly.

The save syncing doesn't work. One person here said they got it working while everybody else didn't, and they didn't say how they got it working so... I would still say it's broken. I tried everything available in the game to get it to sync but nothing worked. And creating an account to sync it seemed to wipe my local save immediately. Also, when I touch a crystal I get the little cloud save animation in the top left so it appears to sync, but just doesn't actually do it.

For 99c it's hard to complain too much. It's obvious a lot of care went into -the PC version-, aside from the translation, but not everything ported smoothly over to iOS. Just be aware of that.

11. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    I picked this up for the same price on Android and haven't had any issues saving there. But I also haven't bothered to make an account either. For $0.99 this is a steal. I'll pick it up here too. I highly recommend it.

12. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    It's not issues saving. It's issues syncing saves using an account.

13. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    I own both. I never even booted up the first but I'll give this a whirl. Then see where it goes

14. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    This has a lot of potential. The game hangs whenever the music track ends though, which is annoying. I'm running an iPad Air. Also, the screen size doesn't quite match—sometimes edge text gets cut off.

And with more content to come, I'm tempted to hold off...but kept playing despite all that.

Are you supposed to get the black knight early on when hamlet is attacked again? I missed the first email and now the guy is just pissed, and I keep seeing bloody alters like I've missed something.

15. Alc819

Alc819 Active Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Does anyone know if the intention was to be able to transfer saves between devices and it's just not working? I log into my same account on my iPhone and iPad and the save games are completely different.

16. Alc819

Alc819 Active Member

Jun 11, 2012
    So is there no way to see a list of my inventory? Or sell items? The only items I can see are the ones I have equipped but what about my other weapons and armors?

17. brainbag

brainbag Active Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Anyone know where the Ranger urn is? I can't find it anywhere and I'm long past the point where I should have had it.

18. resquinox

resquinox Member

Dec 10, 2014
    ranger urn location:
    Follow the road alongside the river traveling downwards from castle town (the first castle you go to, the one with the queen). You should see a house with a green roof on the right of the world map surrounded by mountains and forest, the ranger urn is within that zone .

19. brainbag

brainbag Active Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Thank you! I don't think I would have ever found that.

20. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    This game is awsome if it wasnt for the bug that cost me to lose my safegame and all the extra content it downloaded