Universal DOOM (by id Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by doctorded, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Well, at least the original Doom did - it too had a swastika-formed (when looking at it from the top) map.

2. Menneisyys

Dec 12, 2008
    Nope, Wi-Fi only. Also see my multiplayer demo videos - I've shot videos of both modes.

3. IpodLady

IpodLady Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Washington State
    True...but it didnt have the Nazis and Hitler posters all around. Would just a swastika map prevent it from German release?

4. heffdog116

heffdog116 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    I believe so

5. Menneisyys

Dec 12, 2008
  6. reinhart_menken

reinhart_menken Well-Known Member

May 8, 2009
    Now my life is complete.

7. Menneisyys

Dec 12, 2008
  8. Menneisyys

Dec 12, 2008
  9. reinhart_menken

May 8, 2009
    The control is almost perfect. I hate to complain about it because I'm so psyched about the game, but I wish there was a way for us to change the sensitivity of the controls. Right now, I have to move the controls really far away from their original position just to do a fast turn or to move really quick (instead of walking). It tolerable and not game-breaking at all, though sensitivity settings would be preferring. The game's still great :)

10. seantyas

seantyas Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Not anymore, that shape was changed a while ago and it's changed here too

11. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    My house
    I almost feel sorry for Doom. It HAD to come out right as Eliminate was approved. Now all the hype is over there. :p

12. gelas_plastik

gelas_plastik Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    if this is being released last three months, I'll probably going to get it without too much thinking ..but now, all the psyche sort of wear down already ..

tell me, should I be really excited on this? I've got doom in my pc and still playing it .. it great, and to me this is the best experience of doom.. if I played this on Iphone, will it overtake that level of experience?

13. MooKings

MooKings Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    In Earth...
    does DOOM have a easy, normal, hard mode?

14. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Is there a list of cheat words and what they do? I googles but keep finding key press combinations for the pc instead of a list of words to type. I know god and give. Would like codes to get keys and show full map including the level exit.

15. kawficolor

kawficolor Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Yes, It does have 4 difficulty settings.

I'm loving the game just as I did when I played it on the pc or consoles. My only problem so far is the fact that there's no reloading sound on the shotgun when it's doing the reloading animation. Please fix that issue with the next update!

16. reinhart_menken

May 8, 2009
    There are four modes. They're in the form of pictures, each one with increasing amount of monsters in the pictures.

17. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Ok-Give code does give keys even though confirmation message says No Keys.

18. Avigrace

Avigrace Active Member

Mar 27, 2009
    This is the best handheld version of Doom I have played, and there are a fair few! I do agree though that it's a bit too sensitive when turning, I'd like to turn that down a little.

19. SantanaClaus89

Aug 11, 2009
    Virginia, USA
    For those that think the controls are a bit too sensitive (like I do) or for those that want this to control like Wolf3D, I seem to have found a configuration that works well (for me at least)

I use the second (middle) control setting, with the Move stick size set at 80%, and the Turn stick size set at 60%. In settings, I use the following:

Auto use: ON Draw Controls: ON
    Status bar: ON Music: ON
    Touch Click: ON Center sticks: OFF
    Text msgs: ON Ramp Turn: OFF

With this configuration I tap on the control sticks like you would a d-pad (the same way I play Wolf3D) instead of sliding my fingers around like virtual analog sticks. This works really well for me, and if anyone is having trouble with the controls I suggest you at least give this setup a shot. Hope it helps.

20. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    They still have tilt to turn. Just go to the control options and turn up the tilt to turn sensitivity. It's set to zero(off) by default.