Universal DOOM (by id Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by doctorded, Oct 31, 2009.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Hmm, Wolfenstein 3D free. Doom Classic $6.99. Both classic games of the genre. Think I'll still stick to Wofenstein for now.

I'm even having a hard time justifiying $6.99 for Dungeon Hunter and at least that's a new developement effort.

2. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    wolfenstein isn't free and never was free.

3. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    I have all the Dooms on my PC for free. I feel strange spending that much on the iPhone port. Maybe if it had online multiplayer........... but with it's current features I'm only spending $3-4 at most.

4. KillBill18

KillBill18 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Does anyone know if Quake is coming to the iPhone?

5. neon_guide

neon_guide Active Member

Jun 1, 2009
    what do you mean you have them for free? because doom certainly isnt available for free, and never has been.

This is actually one of the cheapest versions of doom available, id sell it for $20 and its $10 on Steam.

6. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    The game is hella good. It is a privalege to have Doom on my phone and really have it - not a look alike but the real deal. It looks and plays that well. I love Sandstorm but will prob spend more hours with Doom.

7. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    >.>

yeaaaaaaaaaaah.....

8. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Finally got a chance to spend an hour with this. It is what it is. Doom. It does brings back memories but after playing it for a bit, i realize i still remember some of the levels and where stuff are... I wondered why i shelled out 10 bucks for something that still seem fresh in my mind... Don't get me wrong, it is a very good game, but i could've waiting for the inevitable price drop and spend the money on new games. Must be the doom-magic working my brain... :(

9. AchillesReborn

AchillesReborn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    When you finish the first 8 levels, and kill the first couple of barons (phobos anomaly) , why doesn't the game let you continue playing? It just goes to the credits screen and stays there! I can start E1M9, but i lose all my equipment! Is that suppose to happen?

10. wonderva

wonderva Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Is this better than Doom Resurrection?

11. ThatRevChap

ThatRevChap Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Yes, all the episodes are separate. But you should be starting E2M1, E1M9 is a secret level that you should play in the middle of episode one, so will probably be harder to play starting with nothing.

12. AchillesReborn

Nov 29, 2008
    Oh yeah, I remember it now! I can't remember the level, but there is a secret exit in one level that unlock the hidden 9th level.

Man this game is addictive. I keep thinking 'just one more level'.

13. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    Are the controls on this game good or sucky? I CAN'T stand Duke 3D's controls, i can't even kill the first 2 monsters on that game due to sucky controls.

14. ThatRevChap

ThatRevChap Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2009
    I really like the controls. The default controls are pretty bad, but the second option works well for me. It's the best portable version of Doom I've played, due to the controls, and the third best version on any machine after the PC and 360 versions.

15. AchillesReborn

Nov 29, 2008
    The controls work really well. I think after the first level, they became second nature. I have control method 2 (I think!) with the pads invisible.

16. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Second that. Control 2 is my favorite too. This game is really well done. But again, this must be the 5th time i'm playing this on 5 different platforms... When will id stop taking my money??? Maybe never, they will suck me dry until the day i die... Damn you! :mad:

17. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    I'll dl this tonight, 78 MB is a big download for me.

18. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    for all the cheaters out there, if you put all 4 fingers on the screen brings up the kb....

for what you ask? how about all the codes from the pc classic work :) input these in and hit enter on the kb to activate...

idfa - all weps no keys
    idkfa - all weps all keys
    iddqd - god mode

now the reason why im posting in the weapon choice screen is the super shotty, how do we get that? cause the all weps code doesnt even unlock it.... is there something we have to do..???? anyone figure this out

19. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I posted this (in a small font) at the bottom of the OP, but nobody seems to notice.:confused:

20. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    so you didnt figure out the super shotty either!!!! must have super shotty!!!! but it wasnt in the game till doom 2 so im a little confused by this....why i think doom 2 might be around the corner maybe a addon dl...