Universal Doom and Destiny (by Matteo Nicolotti)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Is there a new game+? I'm in the last episode doing side quests before starting the final story quest. There is so much to do and tons of places to explore complete with secret rooms and boss fights. Best $1 ever. It's advertised as a 40-hour game D:

2. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    No, apparently...

So like, it's not a Mario game if someone stuck Mario in it. :p

3. defunct32

defunct32 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2013
    #143 defunct32, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93788887

On another note, I've been experiencing frequent crashes and the last time I forgot to save my game I lost an hour's worth of progress; I was grinding and got carried away, ugh-gggrrrr!

Attached Files:

4. KiraMurnau

KiraMurnau New Member

Oct 21, 2013
    Great game, very funny. Great storyline. For a buck a must buy.

5. JustKarma

JustKarma Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Just passed the part where you meet the elves, I don't normally even bother reading dialog in most games I play but I'm loving it in this one. Can't recommend this game enough!

6. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    So... Maybe the PC version was made in RPG Maker and not this one? Ehh, whatever, doesn't matter too much anyway.

7. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Loving this game SO much. So this style is 'JRPG'? What's the best of this genre on the App Store - or is this it?

8. LORE

LORE Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2013
    Best game of this genre is probably fantasy chronicle, unlucky hero, chaos rings and final fantasy, but those r around 10 bucks and this is just a buck so this is definetly the best game for ur money

9. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    This is close.

Lunar: Silver Star Story, Final Fantasy (series), Chaos Rings (series) and Chrono Trigger.

The fact that I'm grouping this with games that are top of the genre for any platform of JRPG says a lot for this game though.
    Most JRPG's on the AppStore (kemco mostly) never held my interest. This one is actually REALLY good.

10. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    I just beat the game without finishing all the sidequests and secrets. Completion is 84.9%. No new game+ :/ I'm going to guess that the ending
    is better with 100% completion

You can attempt to complete the side quests before and after the last boss but I don't know if the world changes (it probably does).

11. defunct32

Jun 25, 2013
    Yeah, it doesn't matter of course ;P but if it's based off/on RPGMaker then I am truly amazed! The quality is superb!

Chaos Rings II
    Costume Quest
    Pen & Paper
    Penny Arcade 3 (the humor and style is similar to Doom and Destiny)
    Cthulhu Saves the World (similar to Doom and Destiny)
    Vay (old-school RPG)

There are many gems in the App Store but unfortunately marred by many low-quality duplicates and terrible RPGs, the above are top-notch, have a look-see.

12. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Not sure about costume quest. The rest of that list is pretty good. Vay is great. The menu system used in the iOS version is a big turn off though.

13. defunct32

Jun 25, 2013
    Costume Quest is definitely not JRPG but the battle system is definitely turn-based and it's RPG with humor as well. Oh yeah, the iOS based menu is turn off but great game nonetheless!

14. Yeah, just started playing, pretty cute game so far. Way old school.

15. The Gamer Dude

The Gamer Dude Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    #155 The Gamer Dude, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
    Man so many cool tributes in this game, and the dialogue keeps a smile on my face :) I'm bumping this up to one of my all time favorite RPGs, I don't want it to end! Bravo heartbit.

Bottom line if you like RPGs and don't mind adult/potty lol humour this in a must buy! Has to be one of the best dollars I've spent on the App Store. Still can't believe it's only a dollar, I've spent much more on Kemco titles and haven't enjoyed them half as much.

16. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #156 Echoen, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
    I can't stop praising this game with how much stuff there is to find outside of the main story quest and I'm almost sure there are 2 endings. I've been exploring the world map
    with my boat
    and have been finding tons of cool items and managed to find upgrades to... Find out yourself :) $1 for 40 hours of RPG goodness. Far out!

With regard to my spoiler above, has anyone gotten a
    flying ship yet
    ? I'm pretty sure you get one if you do more side quests.

17. savvy

savvy Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Mobile JRPG of the year! Can't believe its only a dollar, easily worth $5-10. I hope they make an expansion to the series. Drunken Paladin anyone?

18. toxiccheese

toxiccheese Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Anyone else meet the "Hey Team"?

Also, I managed to beat the dark dude after the bi-force door (I forget his name)... But I did it one hit!?!? Is that what's supposed to happen?

19. Power Gamer

Power Gamer Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    No spoilers, please ;)
    yes & yes

20. toxiccheese

toxiccheese Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    jrpg?