Doodle Jump ad

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by yourofl10, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    It got people to talk about it, so props for having an effective ad ;)

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Haha, pretty much. The best advertisements are always controversial. ;)

3. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Haha, this has to be the absolute least "controversial" ad I've ever seen. Good lord.

4. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    I am surprised all the talk is about the word "sex" and not the drug "crack"

5. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    It is just like all the BK ads, each one of them disturbs me, but they get me talking about how odd it was, so I guess it was effective.:rolleyes:

6. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Oh they have problems with the BK ads too. I just heard some ruckus is being raised because of those Sponge Bob/Baby Got Back parody commercials. Heavens, no! The children are being subjected to women dancing with pieces of square foam in their pants. Who will think of the children!

7. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  8. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I was like...WTF???

9. igor

igor Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Doodle Jump Ad

wow! - thanks to all of you for noticing the ad. thanks also for suggesting that we have a "marketing department". first of all, I will apologize to anyone who finds the ad offensive in any way, although our "marketing department" (aka, I) thought about the ad and the copy for a long time before deciding to go with it. The copy in the ad comes from people who have purchased and played the game and wrote a review on the App Store, plus the line from a review written by Gizmodo. Yes the ad looks like a TA article, and yes, that was on purpose - to grab your attention, and it looks like it did. Every day we all get bombarded by ads and 90% of those get ignored and not even noticed. Well, when you are paying for the ad, and when you are an indie game dev with a limited budget, you want it to stand out because you can't afford it to be just another ad that does not get noticed. However, although it looks like a TA article, it does not pretend to be. It is clearly headlined by TA with "Support Our Sponsors:", it is labeled as "Posted by Doodle Jump players", and not by a TA writer, it does not include a screen shot from the game, and it is much shorter.

TA was one of the first sites that picked Doodle Jump up and wrote a review, and we decided to spend our ad money here, in part to support a great site that has supported us. I have no way of knowing if the ad will generate enough sales to cover the cost, and I am not sure that it will, but I will still consider it money well spent since it is going out to TA. We have also been giving away quite a few promo codes for our apps to TA readers on the forums and will continue to do so.

Once again, I apologize to anyone that might be offended by the ad, but I would also like to thank everyone for their support, and especially to those that have purchased Doodle Jump and that have written all the great and funny reviews for it on the App Store. Lima Sky is my brother and myself doing what we love and working days and nights on the apps.

Thanks,

Igor Pusenjak
    Lima Sky

10. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    This is what I'm surprised by as well. So if I try Doodle Jump and think it's a good game, does that mean I should try crack too? I'm being a little facetious here, but I can see some angry parent seeing this ad and causing trouble down the road. Next thing you know some pissed off organization will raise hell with TA because lil Johnny got hooked on crack. Personally, I think the ad is funny and definitely catches your attention....but you have to be careful not to attract the wrong kind of attention, unless you're prepared for it. It will be just like that baby shaking app thing all over again.

11. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I didnt pay attention to the crack part.....
    Umm..... IDK about it.
    Drugs arnt funny (I mean like crack,and marajuana etc......)
    Perscription drugs are fine but illegal NO, I'm against illegal drugs

12. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I don't think you know WTF your talking about......EVER!

13. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    Cheech & Chong's heart wrenching dramas are proof of that.

14. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Prescription drugs are GOOD.
    Illegal drugs are BAD.
    War is GOOD.
    Sex is BAD.

Get with the program, le'deuche. Now excuse me while I go down some Vicodin with a Robitussen chaser, then it's off to shoot some enemies! (Sex havers, watch out!)

15. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    lmao robotripper.

Have fun puking in neon red!

16. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Awe man, I'm dumb. I really hope one day the drugs I like will be legal. Then they won't be bad. It's funny how my ideologies parallel what ever is deamed ok by a group of people I've never met, and conversed with.....go figure.

17. Lovelyman

Lovelyman Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    F*CK You GUYS! You are so mean to yourofl100

18. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    100? Is he multiplying?