Universal Don't Starve: Shipwrecked (by Klei Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Techzamazing, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Is this game currently on sale for launch? And if it is what will be the full price and when will it go to that?

Need to know if I should be nabbing it now. Heaven help my backlog.

2. bestkevin

bestkevin Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    #82 bestkevin, Dec 31, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    [deleted]

3. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Is Reign of Giants on iOS? I searched TA and the App Store but nothing.

4. Pickman

Pickman Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2013
    afaik it is included in don't starve pocket edition.

5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yes it is... =o)

Sorry for any confusion...

6. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Likely buy it if it ever gets MFI support, don't know why this isn't standard practise now, especially from an established dev! Swords and #sworcery was awesome!

7. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    :rolleyes: bought this on Xbox one and I'm so mad
    It's listed as console edition shipwrecked but it's only an expansion pack to the first game so for me to play it I have to buy the first game for some reason just to play it.
    I own the first one already on iPhone so I don't want to spend $15 just to play the second game that I already bought .
    It doesn't even state that you have to buy the first game. So confused .

Is this a second game or a freaking expansion pack? Please specify in title if it's an expansion !

8. toochunky

toochunky Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Does anybody know where I can find a guide to the basic game controls?

I'm playing on iphone, and the size makes it kind of challenging. I can't tell if the game is bugging out at times, or if I'm doing the controls wrong.

But for example, how do you use items in your inventory? So far, the only way I can seem to do it is by dragging from the inventory onto the screen. But about 70% of the time when you drag onto the screen, it interferes with the virtual joystick, and you start walking, making it impossible to drag onto the appropriate thing. So I try to drag a crabbit onto the fire pit, but then i start walking around, and end up dropping and losing the crabbit. (Zooming helps with this, but the zooming itself is janky on my phone, and makes it seem like the game is going to freeze/crash)

Another example is hammering the debris. When the hammer is equipped, shouldn't you be able to just use the action button to hammer? Instead, the action button is grayed, and I have to drag the hammer from inventory to the screen, and then "Hammer" appears as an on screen menu choice which you click to hammer. So to hammer the big debris, I had to do this dragging like four or five times. It seems like I must be doing something wrong, but I haven't been able to figure out another way.

9. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Guys I really tried hard with this game unfortenetely asked for a refund not because the game is bad just not my cup of tea. If you have time to learn this game it's incredible and a lot of fun. I'm more of a crashlands player easy to drop and come back and not trying to keep track of everything.

Either way things I loved the graphics, gameplay the sense of constant danger and adventure.
    Things I found difficult keeping track of inventory not knowing what to do next.

Either way I think I should have played the first one which I might get since it's a dollar.

May revisit this game in the future

10. iMikos

iMikos Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Not criticizing but I thought it was clear in the store. You'll be happy to know Don't Starve is on sale on Xbox One this week. $6. I got Don't Starve + Shipwrecked on Xbox for $9 total in the bundle.

11. Press2Play

Press2Play Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Bussinessman
    Philippines
    Yaasss!!! To this, have this game on vita and having a Physical stick on a game like this is a winner, wish they could release this on vita. Please Klei, vita version.

12. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Just realized that there are actual TIDES in this game that change with the seasons!!

My little beachside camp got flooded! That's so awesome. I mean, it sucks, but it's awesome.

13. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I learned the hardway.... 8 days in an everything I had gone. Because my fire got washed away and land I couldn't get a torch up quick enough.

14. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Is it worth getting this or the pocket edition version? What is the difference?

Also does this game support cloud save so if I delete the game or install on a new device I can carry on where I left off.

15. Rosso

Rosso Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    "Asked for a refund not because the game is bad, but because its not my cup of tea" ???

...whats the game world coming to? I am really speechless, but that's probably because me old man remembers how it was, when you spent 60€ (not 5€) on a BAD (!) game and then still couldn't refund it. IMO this is the risk you are taking (after being able to check gameplay videos and all that stuff to secure that it IS your cup of tea!!) and as long as a game works and there are no technical problems, you should stick to your decision.

Sorry for the rant, but I am really astonished that you are even reporting this, instead of quietly being embarrassed, while asking for that refund.

Better not spend that Dollar on the first game btw - am sure you wont like that either (I can absolutely relate to Crashlands being more your type of game - same here).

16. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Great game
    Just updated and fixed crash issue and also now world generates much faster

17. Notturno

Notturno Active Member

Mar 8, 2015
    Brazil
    Game got serious fps problems, hurricane season makes the game lag af, im at iphone 6s plus

18. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    Patch is now out that fixes the monsoon lag issue.