Universal Don't Starve: Shipwrecked (by Klei Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Techzamazing, Dec 26, 2016.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    The pieces to find and figure out how to put together... Jumping from world to world...
    Spelunking... =oP

As far as I know, none of those types of things are included here...

I could be mistaken, seeing as you seem to know a bit about the game, maybe you could help enlighten us? I've only put about 20 hours into the PC version...
    (To clear this up, I'm being sincere, not sarcastic... I would love if I'm wrong and there's more to the game than figuring out how to survive through the 4 seasons...)

2. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    To me this is the definitive Don't Starve. Best of the best

3. Ozes

Ozes Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    lua traceback error

4. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    That would be the adventure mode, and spelunking as far as I was aware of was just a biome. Adventure mode is the only goal aside of just surviving that I am aware of.

I could be wrong as well.

I know that this version has bosses and a lot more items. I could be just incredibly lucky, but all the games that I've had so far have seemed like the gameplay is more streamlined and easier to start out.

I have never had this kind of ease playing in the normal version.

5. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle

Regardless.... both versions rock.

6. Bi88les

Bi88les Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Anyone know if this plays on an iPhone5?

7. firenskill2000

firenskill2000 New Member

Dec 27, 2016
    Any iphone thoughts? Was thinking of this or the original game on sale but the small screen scares me a bit considering how much inventory space there is.

8. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
  9. bacon-N-eggs

bacon-N-eggs Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Thanks, sad to see this not support it. Works nice and smooth on other platforms with a controller.

10. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    I was on the fence but really glad I bought this one really good game.

11. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Great series. Happy to support these devs as I have the series now on PS4, Vita, and iOS. Keep up the good work.

12. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    Battery observations on an iPhone 6: With airplane mode on, brightness at around 15%, case taken off and the in-game "power save" setting on, the device gets moderately warm, but definitely nowhere near the level some intensive games reach. It seems to drain at ~30% per hour (based on ~1 hour of play).

Keep in mind this phone was purchased Sept '14 and probably doesn't have the best battery health at this point.

13. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I got this as well... I think...

I just deleted the world and restarted and haven't had the issue repeat yet.

I know this is version 1.0, but I hope some of these performance issues get fixed fairly quickly...

Attached Files:

14. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    This is easily the best survival game on mobil!!!
    Better than the first Don't Starve, imo.
    Building a raft and exploring the ocean is awesome, you can even ride the waves!

Everything just seems smoother and more streamlined than the first game. Can't put it down.

15. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    But you should be aware that riding the waves makes you wet.

16. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    are there any plans to add the virtual controls to Dont Starve PE so much better this way!

17. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I have reached out to them to find out, but with the holidays I haven't heard anything back.

18. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle

It looks like the crashes only happen during the auto save, which seems to occur twice a day. My second character I am on day 10 now. On day 8 I had the issue with the morning auto save crashing the game. I saved right before morning occurred and the problem continued to happen. The fix that allowed me to move on, start a new character in another save slot. Once the new world was created I could hop back into my old save easily without crashes.

I will say this much about the game, it's easier than Don't Starve PE, and I don't think it's because of the controls. The default world build just has an abundance of supplies and food. I am almost ready get my second farm in rotation after findig a lone pig man on an island. Keep feeding him till he poops, make profit!

19. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    I love this game but the challenge is so tedious! I hate how limited inventory can be and how things break! I wish the developer can make an easy mode

20. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    You can increase inventory by crafting backpacks and stuff. You can craft chests as well for longer term storage.

You can also make more efficient tools that don't break ad easily.