Universal Don't Starve: Pocket Edition (by Klei Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    More than terraria, really? That's pretty awesome.. I bought it at launch but haven't been able to play to much.. I know I'll be sucked in for weeks once I do

2. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Terraria has a different sort of depth, it's more linear in the progression and the item variety is sort of limited. But is iOS was to ever get the 1.3 update it would definitely rival Don't Starve for content.

3. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    For those who'd rather play with a mouse and keyboard Don't Starve is %50 off on Steam until August 3. That's about 6 bucks or about the same price as this iPad version.

4. GDMT

GDMT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Hiroshima, Japan
    Been playing this on my 6+ for a while now. And the only concern i have is when forcegoodfit is used, the game lags a lot for some reason that i dont know. Disabling forcegoodfit makes it run smooth again. So far, no crashes whatsoever.

5. asaksola

asaksola Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Just noticed the app just appeared on my iPhone 6+, downloaded but after it installs it goes back to being grey and wants to be installed again...

6. asaksola

asaksola Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Here's a screenshot...

Attached Files:

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You're not jailbroken, right? Perhaps an update is still making its way around the store, but nothing indicates this has gone universal to me yet. Mind sharing an iPhone App Store picture? This is pretty awesome big news!

8. asaksola

asaksola Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Not jailbroken. I had it on my iPad, just checked my iPhone and was surprised to see that the icon had appeared on my home screen, didn't find it in the App Store though...

9. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Ooh, this is very interesting!

Here's hoping it's just a delay in propagation, but it's weird it seems to be coming so suddenly.

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I wouldn't get too excited. It doesn't look like anything's happening just now.

11. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    When your iPhone and iPad are linked all your games and apps appear on both devices whether it's available for that device or not. Toucharcade thinks a universal update might come because of the screenshot they posted with the guy playing the game on his iPad and his iPhone 6 plus sticking out of his pocket and it had a picture of the games title screen. So I dunno. Also it was a picture from the developer promoting the game so I doubt that guys phone was jail broken I'm sure it was a hint

12. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Looks like an update came out today after all #

13. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Update changelog

14. andsoitgoes

That's not true. I've never had an iPad app "show up" on my iPhone when an update was available.

As for the "thinks it'll come", that picture was totally obvious in what its intent was, there's no doubt there will be an iPhone version, I'm just worried it won't be universal. They wouldn't have taken a picture and focused that much on it without clear intent of them making it available for smaller devices.

15. asaksola

asaksola Member

Dec 25, 2013
    I thought that the "automatic update" feature was the reason why the app appeared on my iPhone, but has to be a bug as the app isn't installing properly, just sitting there... Just can't get myself to delete it :)

16. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Are all the bugs finally ironed out? Is performance for iPad 3 any better?

17. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    Maybe, and no, respectively.

18. andsoitgoes

Hey, don't apologize - I totally wouldn't either ;)

Here's hoping one day very soon it just pops up and we have DS on our phones... ah, an android can dream, right?

19. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    Have any more clues been dropped on the iPhone version?

20. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Not yet, I am still waiting, too.