Universal Don't Grind (By Laser Dog)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 24, 2016.

1. nafkert

nafkert Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Phenomenal Game! Haven't posted here in ages, but wanted to give this game some love.

Question though - is a platinum mega score even possible? Or is that the clever double meaning of the title - don't grind , you can't ever get it! Currently at 3,300

2. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I got it yesterday, I can tell you if you want

3. nafkert

nafkert Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Just got it too! I can confirm that it does exist.

4. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Anyone else sometimes getting stuck on a gray screen that says loading?

5. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I'm on an iPhone 6+ iOS 8.1.4 and the game crashes immediately upon start up. I do not get to any loading screen. Reboots do not help.

6. dragon4ever

dragon4ever Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    The game continues to freeze on the loading screen when you die. I wonder if it's related to the vibration issue.

7. doctorfab

doctorfab Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Honestly I can't find anything special in this one.

8. LaserRob

LaserRob Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2015
    Sorry that it's crashing. The loading screen is shown when an advert is loading. Do you have a good connection while it happens? There's obviously something wrong here, we'll try to replicate it and get it patched asap.

Thanks guys :)

9. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I bought the ad remover and it was still happening.

10. LaserRob

Sep 26, 2015
    Honestly, that is terrifying to me :/ Why would it still be trying to show an ad?

Where did you buy the IAP? Was it in the settings screen on after an ad plays where it says "Remove Ads"?

Can you try doing "restore purchases" in the settings screen and see if that fixes it.

Sorry that this is happening and thanks so much for the support.

----

Also someone mentioned it wasn't working on iOS8. I guess you're still on iOS for jailbreaking purposes? We haven't got a device on iOS8 to test this, but I'll see what I can do. There might be a device lying around somewhere.

11. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Good news! I went back into the setting and tried to repurchase the iap and it said if I would like to buy it for 1.99 after I confirmed it said that I already purchased it and now it seems to be working. :D
    I originally purchased it from the settings.
    This game is so freaking fun, one of the best pick up and play games of the year! Incredible one touch/swipe controls with fun unlocks! SO FUN!
    My wishes for future updates. Please make it possible so I can easily quickly start playing again after I die. Also I wish to play my own music.

5 STARS!

12. LaserRob

Sep 26, 2015
    Thanks so much. I'm not sure why it didn't work originally. That concerns me. I'll keep trying to replicate the issue.

Regarding quicker restarts, that's actually a bug! It's already meant to do it :D There's an update waiting to be approved right now that fixes the issue :)

13. jbsib

jbsib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Oh awesome, the restart thing was my only gripe with the game. :)

14. elektrisko

elektrisko Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2016
    The game hangs for me when trying to play without wifi on, after I die I get the loading screen and then nothing more happens, I assume it is because it is trying to load a video ad but since there is no internet it cant find any?

15. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Saw this game in Hot New Games but ignored it at first. Just realised last night that it's a new Laser Dog game and kicked myself for not downloading it earlier.

As always, it's fantastic.

Just read the blog post about the development too. Fascinating to see how much goes into the design of even a "quick" project like this. It's no wonder your games always feel so polished.

I'm pleased to see you're still doing all your own voices though and I loved the first version of the theme song - I had tears of laughter listening to that.

16. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    Loving the game so far but I have some questions.

First off, my day does not seem to reset on the next morning. I still have all the medals and stuff from a few days ago.
    Next, how does the top medal work? I can never get anything other than bronze and it's so far away from even trying for silver.
    What does the calendar and infinity button do? I tap on the calendar and it gives me my all time high score and infinity gives me my daily score... shouldn't that be switched?
    Also how does the scoring work? On my high score (415) I was at like 250 and then it shot up increadibly quick, so fast I did t even know until I died seconds later...

Thanks for reading!

17. LaserRob

Sep 26, 2015
    That's odd, sorry! I've not seen this. We'll look into it tomorrow and see what's going on.

It depends on what the challenge is. Once you're getting ~100 each game, it doesn't take too long to get platinum.

This may just be the way we're displaying this. The one that is "pressed down" is active. Maybe we'll address that.

You get 1 point for a silver star and 3 points for a gold star. The more points you get, the more your multiplier increases. If you're doing really well, you can get up to 9 points for a gold star.

:)

18. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Damn a couple days later now I'm 14th in leaderboard =\ sad.

19. CamZer0

CamZer0 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    #39 CamZer0, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    Has anyone got the next secret character beyond 1000 taps? I've discovered if you don't reach the next milestone and close the app, it resets the counter to the last milestone. If nothing unlocks by 25k I may have to give up

Update: I've got to 25k and nothing. May have to accept defeat. The feature reminds me of an Ed McMillen game where you click a switch and every now and then an item appears. Was meant to be an example of how developers can keep people mindlessly clicking/playing to obtain an unknown reward. Well I can confirm it works on me #

Update: 25136 is the next unlock.

Attached Files:

20. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I love the game. I purchased the no ads. I have to say though I wish we could buy some of the characters like in PktBall. I didn't get that damn banana to start with lol

Billy