Universal Don't Be Squared (by Super Hippo Studios Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Techzamazing, Jun 29, 2016.

1. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    I like the visuals, the smoothness of gameplay! The sounds and this whole app oozes with polish. But it feels like there is quite some grind involved and If you do not buy the doubler it will take a very long grind to unlock most stuff. Passing on this one.

2. Emilson

Emilson New Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Hehe

Well...ofc you have to grind, that's the beauty of a runner...to learn what is the best path that you should go, what to upgrade first, what to unlock first and so on...:D:D:eek:

3. superhippo

superhippo Well-Known Member

#43 superhippo, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    We are already working for an update with characters and new levels, here is the Frozen Tundra level. Keep posting feedback, we really appreciate any constructive criticism. Have a nice weekend and keep running!
    [​IMG]

4. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I wouldn't mind the grind if I could continue the grind on both devices...(hint hint). :)
    Not feeling like splitting my time and efforts and don't want to be forced to play on my phone when I'm home with my iPad... ;)

5. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Of Course. But it varies from runner to runner how much the progression feels like a grind or not. E.g. Altos adventures didn't have that feeling for me as I just enjoyed the game so much and besides very insignificant upgrades and different (not more powerful) characters there was nothing to unlock.

In this game it feels like a lot of options and upgrades are only attainable by grinding and they seem significant to me. That's all. it just didn't click with me.

6. otravu

otravu Active Member

May 16, 2016
    Bucharest, Romania
    @superhippo: is that saved for the Christmas update? it looks awesome.

re: grinding i'm a bit neutral on the whole idea. i play WoW (lame i know) and guess i got used to it. if it's fun, i don't mind it. if it isn't fun, maybe i'll pay $1-2 to save me the trouble or hand the phone to my nephews :D.

i've been playing this game for quite some time, but in short 3-5 minute bursts with long breaks in between, so it didn't feel that tedious. however, my nephew really enjoys it and i hand it to him time from time and get the extra coins :D

7. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    very good game here.