Universal Domino Drop (by Vitalii Zlotskii)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 29, 2015.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I totally see that.

Complete with the ever ubiquitous USB slot in which the game plugs in the stat tracking computer/printer. I'm sure it is only meant as a neat wooden box to store your dominoes, but seeing a wooden rectangular box, my mind just goes there. While possibly an unintentionally dark conotation, I love the aesthetic. :)

2. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Haha! I see what you mean. I only know about the domino box b/c I have Cuban/Puerto Rican family & they play dominoes all the time. The "good" dominoes are in that box.

3. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Well, not just the box looks like a coffin, but when you finish a round, the box is getting closed of with screws. Haha.

4. vzlotskiy

vzlotskiy Member
    Patreon Gold

Jun 22, 2015
    Game Developer
    #44 vzlotskiy, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    haha, it does feel like the coffin, I see it now :D "Another one bites the dust"

In regards to your suggestions about the rotation/flip:
    If you are able to rotate/flip then you can play the game infinitely with ease, so I would have to add some sort of speed/time pressure to keep the game challenging. AND I DO NOT WANT TO DO THAT. It will also complicate the control scheme. And most importantly, you can get better at this game to the point where you don't need rotations/flips, all you need is to think ahead.

That being said, I am experimenting with new modes which can potentially introduce rotation/flip, but I cant guarantee rotation/flip will make it in.

Thanks again to everybody for your feedback, it keeps me motivated and I really appreciate it! :)

5. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Awesome game!!!! Thanks for responding to all this talk. I agree with you. The more you play it's genius!!! You really have to think ahead. The first few games your brain wants to tell you that you need to flip the dominoes b/c every other game has taught us that. Play more & the game really comes out. No flipping needed.

A save quit would be great though :)

6. Nergal

Nergal Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2014
  7. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Good point, seems a bit much to completely SEAL OFF your box of dominoes when you're done playing with them. :)

8. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I decided to pick this up - lots of fun!

9. TheGodless

TheGodless Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    That's a great idea!

10. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Wow had this on my watchlist for a while and it's free artm.

It's great! The presentation is minimalistic but a work of art, the music is great, different modes, very pleasing visuals, overall totally recommended! Thanks for the sale!

11. glennlea

glennlea New Member

Oct 15, 2013
    I can't believe how many hours I've devoted to playing this beautifully presented game. Many many many hours. "Just one more round" ten times before bed.
    I have one request. A one-move "oops" undo. Sometimes, I tap the screen by mistake, dropping a domino in the worst possible place and ruining a really good run totally by accident. I wish there was a way to undo one such move made in error; you could make it difficult to do ("pause, options, delete last move, yes I am sure") so so we don't abuse it. Please?
    Anyway thanks for the awesome game.

12. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    This game is seriously so damn good. I love everything about it!
    It really is a perfect puzzle game. I think it should be as featured as Monument Valley for original aesthetic milestones in mobile gaming.

13. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I'm so late to the party, this game is awesome

14. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    This past Saturday, my mom, dad, wife, and I were all playing this sitting around a table. Maybe we should have gotten out real dominoes? :D

15. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Happen to have any tricks or strats I'm missing, I mean obviously you can see what's coming up next to see if you can set up a match accordingly but outside of that I have no idea.. =p

16. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    Try not to leave any holes in your board, remember 4 whites, and pray for the dominos you need! The randomness of the upcoming dominos can be frustrating. You'll get better the more you play but there's only so much you can do with dominos that don't make matches.

17. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    I am really hoping for an iOS 11 compatible update to Domino Drop. (I got my fingers crossed for this one)

18. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    #58 vectorarchitekt, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    This game isn't showing in my "needs to be updated" applications list, but Pair Solitaire is.
    It's not 64-bit compatible?

19. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    When I try to sync Domino Drop I get a popup saying "The app "Domino Drop" was not installed on the iPod "My Name Goes Here" because it does not work with this version of iOS." And since I am still hanging onto iTunes 12.6 the only way for me to know if an app is 64-bit would be through the "What's New in Version...".

A few of the games that I have, have been recently updated to support iOS 11 and were easily updated via iTunes (12.6) on my PC. I'm still able to purchase/download and sync the apps using iTunes (12.6).

20. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    Update - It seems that if I do a clean restore to iOS 10.3.3 via iTunes (12.6), then install Domino Drop and then update to iOS 11 via iTunes (12.6) the game works perfectly. So now I'm happy again.