iPad Dominion by Donald X. Vaccarino

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Artfoundry, Jan 20, 2012.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    So, if lucky, we'll be able to play it on their site MAYBE today but the app (which will only be a nice little front end to link you to the game on their site) is still likely a week off.

I hope all of these board game designers aren't signing any sort of EXCLUSIVE deals with these guys as it would mean many of the most anticipated board/card game conversions will be locked into this crap-fest. :rolleyes:

2. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    It looks alright except for that obnoxious knight character in the second screenshot. I'll cross my fingers and hope it is good.

3. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Car Crash.

4. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Bad news on many levels. What a disaster.

5. aceyprime

aceyprime Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    What a shame...it had such potential for iOS. Imagine if Playdek did the development...

6. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    #86 abstractgamefreak, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
    So all you can expect to see next week or so is an iOS frontend for their HTML5 online portal. Great deal guys. Quoting Gamespot.uk:
    http://uk.gamespot.com/news/dominion-dealt-to-pc-ios-android-6391910
    "At the moment, there is no offline mode for Goko's games, but (Goko's CEO) Griggs said such a feature could be added if users demanded it." LOL.

I'd rather see Coding Monkeys, Sage, Skotos or Playdek get their hands on licenses like Dominion or Race for the Galaxy, but as it is, this is really bad news for those who cannot or prefer not to play online. Nowadays iOS developers rarely bother to work on a good AI for solo-play anymore (being a beta-tester of iOS boardgames I rarely encounter a serious challenge) and these guys will be no exception.

Even Jay Tummelson, head of Rio Grande Games (which distributes the boardgame) was quoted that the Dominion app would only feature a basic AI to learn the game.

7. soldat7

Jul 12, 2011
    They won't see any money from me then.

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I haven't tried it (is it possible?), but I think that having it cross platform will mean that it will be easy to get into live games, and that seems like a very good thing to me. I'm a bit burnt out on asynch play, but a lot of times the live play games that are iOS only are completely dead. Being cross platform, including computers, solves that problem. I'd rather play live. However, the game should certainly have offline play too. That is just stupid.

9. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    This doesnt have a solo mode, so it means no deal for me. Going back to the unofficial version, or even better, to Ascension.
    Let's hope Thunderstone will be better (don't have much hope about that either).

10. soldat7

Jul 12, 2011
    I believe Thunderstone will require Facebook to play.

11. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Even BATTLES OF GUNDABAD had offline, solo play! LOL!

12. cprloe

cprloe Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Katy, Texas USA
    Yes, it will. And it's out now under the name Thunderstone Gateway. I can't post a link now, but a search for that name gives you the app. The base app is free.

13. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Don't see it. Which store?

14. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    It definitely needs requires the FB connection since YOU ARE PLAYING THE FB APP ONLINE through your iPad and, even with a nice broadband connection on my iPad 3 it is SLOWER THAN MOLASSES (several clicks to register a button press and even then a big delay before the screen slowly updates)! :(

15. jones2929

jones2929 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Anyone Still Playing This?

I "re-discovered" it and have been playing it a lot lately. It doesn't have the polish of a Playdek application, but it is a lot of fun.

16. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Gave it a go the other week.
    You're right, it certainly isn't playdek quality, but at least it's something.
    Also I believe it's only the base set? The game gets quite a bit more interesting with the expansions.

Don't think this is on the AppStore anymore. I have it still on my device from back in the day.

I think goko are re-releasing a better version of their fail app soonish. I think it's only on ipad though, when I'm a big advocate for iPhone. So looks like this is my dominion fix.

17. xvenom89

xvenom89 New Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Sorry to bring alive a dead post from 5 years ago, but do you still have/can you extract the IPA for this game? I have been wanting to play it for a while but cannot find it anywhere online. Thanks!

18. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I believe the old server is dead and it was transferred to another company's server. I tried to log in but it never worked so I just gave up on it. Bummer, because I liked the game.

19. Earthdweller

Earthdweller Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2009
    UK
    Shuffle iT Dominion

https://dominion.games/

Shuffle iT are the new company.

Plays well on Firefox web browser.

Yearly subscription model

All the expansions are available.

20. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    #100 Talbs, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    I'm not sure you're talking about the same thing. The OP wants the iOS IPA file so he can side load it to his phone. That IPA file (game) was made by this Donald guy (see thread title) I believe under a temporary blessing by the owners of the licence until goko release the rubbish they ended up releasing.

Anyway, this IPA file is an offline game. No servers to be seen or heard of.

Photo on my 6+

https://imgur.com/a/XDA6o