Universal Dog Mind (by Damien Delmarle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 17, 2014.

1. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    I can find it by searching but it's not showing any description or pictures etc. and I can't copy the link. Normally when an app is removed I can't search for it at all but it certainly is weird. Sorry guys, wasn't expecting it to be so awkward :/

2. Max0809

Max0809 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    It's weird, because when I try to search for it in the App Store Canada, I can find it with the name but as you said, there's no really description or pictures, it just keeps loading !!!

3. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Still not showing for me in the UK.....

4. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #24 Echoen, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  5. Bone16

Bone16 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Link at the top works for me in Canada

6. pixelcry

pixelcry Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Hello, i am the game dev. Its eems to be an itune problem the release date was earlier than the approval on itune. So it takes few times to propagate in all stores.

Sorry for that!

7. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    No worries!

8. solid44

solid44 New Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Fun game but so buggy.
    It just feels not finished. A little extra developement time and the game would be good.

My game just crashet and i have to restart from the beginning?! (Social rewards part)
    DeletetÂ…

9. isana

isana Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Bum mode
    Hello, I just tried this game out in my iPod touch 5. Just a heads up to those with small screens like me:

Better play this game on an iPad. It was really hard to read the dialog boxes and the menu on the small screen. :(

10. pixelcry

pixelcry Member

Sep 24, 2013
    If you have some crash, this is due to ios 7 high memory usage the spring board crash the app if it receive a memory warning. It can happen when you use native ios feature that use ram like social. Advice you to restart your ipad iphone to free memory, or just stay on ios6

11. erdgeist

erdgeist Member

Sep 30, 2012
    same for me, had to restart two platforms earlier after that crash. Game has a lot of sprite bugs, too. Once the dog was completely gone though I still had the move buttons. Another time the health bar got drawn exactly above the dog, ... Nice scenario but unplayable for me in it's current stage.

12. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Gosh I hate to be the asshole on the Forum but since someone has to be it I`ll try to be as friendly as possible so don`t take it the wrong way since we are here to actually help you even if it does may sound like we don`t want to do that:

In a world where you only get once a chance to either actually hit or fail I wished Damien had considered not launching the Game in it`s current form.

I`m almost like a parrot when I repeat over and over again each week:

Nobody can afford nowadays to launch a bugged Game on the AppStore or Google Play because you will actually risk your reputation and Dog Mind is sadly a perfect example of why this is the case.

You get a lovely Game that has it`s own spirit and yet at the same time it's full of small and big Bugs that destroy everything that the Developer tired to archived over the last couple of months or years depending on how long the Game has already been in development.

To make it worse some of those Bugs are even Plot stopping Bugs which are the worst nightmare you can encounter as a Gamer and it will destroy your whole gaming experience with the Game.

Please take the time to actually consider removing the Game from the AppStore since currently the Game is in a form that you are probably risking more then you might gain with having it on the AppStore.

Fix those Bugs, actually maybe even consider to actually create a Kickstarter for it to maybe get enough Money together to actually have some Voice Over and/or more Animation for the Dog in the Game.

Again the Game is cool enough to spent more time with it but...at the current point it`s just a pain to look at it and knowing what it could have been with a bit more time spent on fixing those Bugs and maybe a bit more time on the draw board :(

Before I forget:

13. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #33 Cilo, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
    I have to agree with Sanuku. Aside from bugs, such as the one I hit on the first platform hallway where I reached the end, died and the game registered me as respawned but the dog was invisibly frozen, there are a few issues that have made me steer far away from the full purchase button. The pacing is a tad too slow such as the opening cutscene, and gameplay is a little too imbalanced, health is hard to come by, and I think I died about 5-6 times in the first corridor before making it to the end. You don't restore health on level up, you don't regenerate health, and you can't find health very often so I'm not sure how players are supposed to navigate through the game.

14. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    On my ipod touch the text is so small that it is unreadeble

15. Bone16

Bone16 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Agreed. Text way to small (and I wear 3x reading glasses)

16. pixelcry

pixelcry Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Hello, about the game balance, it is possible to beat every levels without dying, but it require some timing on skills, concerning the bug you encounter there is a button to send me an email, just report something that you consider anoying and i will change it in the update i am preparing.

About the text , is it only the dialogs text or the gui panels text? I am goig to increase the scale anyway. Sorry for the inconveniance.

17. mutts

mutts Active Member

Jun 28, 2013
    Was interested in this game but after 2 returns to home screen.
    And the game starting all over again i lost interest.
    I hope the dev will put in a skip intro or speed it up.
    It still looks promesing but i can't be bothered to watch a intro again and again.

18. pixelcry

pixelcry Member

Sep 24, 2013
    #38 pixelcry, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
    Hello, thank for comment, i am actually updating a new build to itune:
    -First enemies are easier
    -Fixed respawn system
    -Increased Npc & Combat texts size
    -Swap atlas for GUI if your device dont have free VRAM, it will reduce crashes (Restart your iPad if problem persist)
    -add a button to skip intro and dive quickly into to the city exploration scene

19. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Glad to see you're fixing it up! I'm really enjoying this :D

20. Thought this was going to be a runner, was wrong, but game moves awefully slow.