Universal DOFUS Touch (by Ankama)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by wondroushippo, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Velx

Velx Well-Known Member

May 12, 2016
    Male
    Indiana
    I don't know about the TA guild, but I'm playing on Grandapan.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
  3. thesinmaster

thesinmaster Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    #43 thesinmaster, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    Whenever I try to create an account, strange red bar with nothing on it appears and I can not proceed. Is this a normal issue?

4. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    #44 fabell, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
    For security reasons, I cannot play this game. I guess they think I'm dangerous!

I tried to play with a guest account and got the message above. I also tried to create an account and got the same message.

FYI, I am playing from China.

5. sakuraarts

sakuraarts Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2015
    Whats a good build for sacriers?

6. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Anyone having issues with the game? It keeps saying unable to connect to server when I try to login.

7. brybry

brybry Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    I'm loving this game this far. A lot of side quests as well as main quests. There is quite a bit of reading and it actually gets a bit drawn out, but other than that, no issues. The strategy and skill required is amazing because you can choose which character matches your style of play. So far, I haven't left the starting area for the 12 and have found much to do and accomplish.

8. makedamage

makedamage Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    I would love to play this game on mobile. Unfortunately Ankama left out my favorite class from the main game: the Huppermage. I just don't feel like rolling any other toon...

9. sakuraarts

Jul 24, 2015
    Seems like the servers are busy and unstable, i just spam login and eventually get in or keep closing and opening the app until it works

10. sakuraarts

Jul 24, 2015
    Playing this at home on my ipad and on the go on my iphone is the best thing ever, its as if im playing the pc version anywhere anytimes

Definite support to the devs :)

11. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    This is pretty sweet, being able to switch from my s7 edge to my iPad and continue my game is wonderful. The game is smooth and virtually unencumbered by the common trappings of F2P games. Definitely going to dig into this one. Is there a TA guild?

12. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #52 Ayjona, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
    I haven't had the time to get my online turn-based french cartoon sexism on yet. For those who have already rambled out into the lands of the Twelve, I've a (ever so slightly nervous) query: the impression I got from press releases, devlogs, etc, is that while there is a version disparity between Touch and the desktop iteration, this only means content will arrive later for iOS. But that Tap Tap Dofus will still be feature-complete (the freemium trappings notwithstanding). Is this the case?

EDIT: A little more FAQ reading that I should done to begin with tells me that yes, it is, stuck in 2013 thought it is.

13. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    My understanding of the FAQ was that they were starting with the 2013 patch and would then move forward. Did you see something that said we would never get new features? Because being stuck with three professions and no class change would not be a great place to leave the game.

14. kegorator

kegorator New Member

Oct 4, 2016
    Even though this is the 2013 version of the game, that still means we are getting a game with 9 years of updates. For free, and with a very fair IAP model.

I am surprised that there is not more talk about this release then there has been.

15. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #55 Ayjona, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    Sorry. Make that "stuck in 2013 for now" (which kinda makes the whole "stuck" an antinomy, really).

No, I think we can expect regular and frequent content updates. Sitting on three years of content that only requires minor rebalancing and coding is an amazing place for a dev to be, and potentially hugely beneficial for players as well. And like many have pointed out, we already get 9 years of content and balancing from the outset.

I do hope they will expediate the class makeovers, though.

16. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #56 Ayjona, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    This really is the first desktop-class* MMO for phone and tablet. And a splendid MMO and game, regardless of platform. Coupled with an open-ended and very unrestrictive IAP/f2p model and gameplay that always seemed geared for mobile platforms** - with the rare mesh of concepts and mechanisms that make it ideal for both short breaks and long gaming sessions - this might very well be the near-ultimate mobile MMO (and in some ways the best version of Dofus). Almost makes me overlook the cheerful unabashed self-indulgent cartoon sexualization***.

For both gameplay and the symbolic significance of this release, I hope Dofus Touch garners media attention unlike few other games****.

* An expression I only use out of necessity, and that I hope soon morphs to mean "stuck in the past but with no functional advantages".

** Turn-based combat, no reliance on reflexes and timing that might be interrupted by the somewhat spotty cellular connection of the southern African savannah or distant Himalayan mountaintops, navigation and interactions that do not suffer from lack of screen real estate. I tried to argue this point to Ankama many years back, but it never took. Perhaps all the environmental imagery distracted.

*** It doesn't.

**** That isn't played with one hand and simple taps and swipes and involves moving an animal forward in some fashion through recurring and inexplicably hazardous environments and reused visual elements. Come now, we all know those are really what this platform is about.

17. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    This is by far the best MMO on iOS. So much better then anything else. I've got 5 characters on Grandapan(the only server) a sram, sacrier, osamodas, sadida and an ecaflip. So far since getting my eca to lvl 42 and getting the kitten summon it has become by far my favorite. The Sadida is my second favorite. The sram can last a long time but it's kinda boring doing run, lay trap, lay trap, lay trap, over and over.

18. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    I completely agree with everything This game is incredible and I don't usually play mmo's especially not on iOS and I've never played this on PC but I love rpg's and decided to give this one a try Plus I played and like a couple of the developers other iOS games Let me just say I'm hooked I'm blown away at how beautiful and fun and how much content and gameplay this game has This is probably the only f2p games I own because it's a full blown mmo that is 100% f2p It my GOTY contender along with Ember & Invisible inc

19. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Whats a good beginner class? I like mages, any offensive casting classes?

20. petruskax

petruskax Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Osamodas are the go to beginner class, and the ranged guy ( bow )