Universal DOFUS Touch (by Ankama)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by wondroushippo, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Hana all this sudden banning is reminding me of the soup nazi from Seinfeld. "Um...is Mr Charlie ok?" NO! No game for you! Come back 1 year!"

2. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    So the game is pretty cool. There's a PC equivalent though to check out like EP said, but the touch controls are really spot on and so far it's pretty smooth. Graphics are not HD though, you can kinda see some jaggies in some spots. I love SRPG's so I'm excited to get into it some more!

3. draco823

draco823 New Member

Sep 17, 2016
    Game is so awesome. This is truly the first proper mobile mmo. Plus, the iap isnt forced down your throat and isnt much of a game changer either. So happy they brougjt this to mobile.

4. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Getting DOFUS on my mobile device has been a dream for me since the inception of the App Store. Go global, Ankama!

5. draco823

draco823 New Member

Sep 17, 2016
    Its definitely better on a tablet then phone but as far as a mobile game nothing even comes close. This is awesome!

6. Velx

Velx Well-Known Member

May 12, 2016
    Male
    Indiana
    Wow. What an amazing MMORPG to be mobile. This game has an incredible amount of depth. It's almost overwhelming at first. I'm looking forward to really digging into this.

7. Bethor

Bethor Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2015
    For some reason it will not let me make an account.

When trying to put in a password it skips the first password field and jumps to the second one.
    When I try to use existing account it skips the username field and jumps to the password field.

I swear they don't want me to spend money.

8. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Registration Certification Issues

Im having the same issue also with getting my account verified I got the verification email but when I try using the link in the email to get my registration certified It takes me to the site but gives me a server error I've been playing as a guest Have found anything this problem? Is this more or less the same issue? Im a newbie to this franchise Looking for help Its a great game btw a aside from setting up my account Thanks:)

9. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Have you been able to find any help with this???

10. CamZer0

CamZer0 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I've just got this, looks very interesting. Not really sure what I'm doing at the moment. Haven't seen any intrusive IAP so far but I'm only Lv4... Someone needs to set up a TA guild #I would but I'm not great at organising these things.

11. puninteresting

Sep 18, 2016
    No it isn't

12. hedgey

hedgey Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    I'm a sucker for a real type mmo, but the file size is HUGE!

Is it worth making space for? How much lasting power does the gameplay offer?

Looking for more impression.

13. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Not sure if you're joking or just misread the 3mb download as 3gb.

After half a day of playing my installed file size is 61.9mb. It's amazing. I highly recommend it.

14. Praymettin

Praymettin Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Wow 10 years have passed over my obsessive wood chopping and Gelano hunting sessions and now it is in my little iphone! What a hell of a time we are living in!

I am waiting for a server to be available here, eager to return to my gramps account :)

I hope the kama(dofus currency) farming bots issue was resolved in all that time.

15. hedgey

hedgey Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Boy do I feel stupid. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Now I guess I have other worries, like my eyesight.

16. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
  17. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Just started playing this and I dig it. This Dev has made some incredible games on iOS this year already. As well as Steam. But I'm not usually the type for this genre. It's just too damn bite sized and fun not to give it a go.

18. Praymettin

Praymettin Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
  19. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #39 Ayjona, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of synchronicity between the desktop and mobile versions of DOFUS, lack of cross-platform play as well as the fact that we will not be in sync with PC patches and content. And Ankama's claim that keeping both iterations in sync surprises me, given how many persistent online games that do (which indicates that it is a problem with how Dofus is built, rather than an absolute limitation, and that it could likely be resolved).

But none of that can detract from the fact that I'm playing friggin' Dofus on my phone. Another XCOM/Baldur's Gate/KOTOR/Monster Hunter/etc-moment. The mobile gamer in me lives for these instances as much as the Infinity Blade-wow-someone-made-something-this-good-and-polished-exclusively-for-smartphones-sensations.

20. thesinmaster

thesinmaster Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Guys which server shall I take to koin TA guild?