Does the iphone have the best mobile internet 'interface'?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Vende, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    I'm not sure 'interface' is exactly the word I'm looking for. I was just looking at some youtube cliips of some of the newer, powerful smartphones (the 2 Androids, N97, Storm, this crazy Erickson phone, Palm Pre, some others I can't remember) and the ads all prominently feature their internet. I was just wondering if anyone has played around with these and similar phones and how they compare their internet to the iphone's.

2. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I have a ipt I think it has the best interface, you can zoom in and out its its simple

Bottom line:

You can zoom in and out (which is nice)
    And the interface is realy simple to use

3. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Safari is hands down the most user intuitive mobile web browser. I think I saw recently that the iPhone accounted for more than 50% of all mobile web browsing.

4. dcodd87

dcodd87 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Yeh I have to agree. Other phones have tried to copy the interface but have yet been successful. They got ownd by the iPhone!

5. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008

WOW thats amazing (iphone has no compition)

Ohh I hate all those iphone imitaors like the black berry storm,voyager etc.......
    Then again there not as good as the iphone

6. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    I feel like Apple should still be developing and working to update Safari to stay ahead of the curve.. I wonder when the next OS update will be?

7. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    I actually get excited when I hear about these new, unbelievable phones. I plan on hanging onto my first generation for at least 2 more years (just got an extended warranty) and I've spent well over $200 and accessories and applications so I have a lot of investment on this machine alone. However, whenever I see the N97 or Pre or the Diamond, it's very exciting because this will just light a fire under Apple to improve their models and software even more. Innovation sparks innovation.

8. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    the thing I don't like about the apps is I can't sell the rights to my games along with my touch, if I ever wished to rid myself of it. I'm locked in for life.

9. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    Yeah, the rest of the less than 50% is on the iPod touch :p