Universal Does Not Commute (by Mediocre AB)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Zero Ehxe

Zero Ehxe Active Member

Sep 16, 2014
    This⬆️
    The best path to your goal isn't the shortest; it's the path of least resistance.

2. Adsinjapan

Adsinjapan Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2013
    I love you Mediocre! You guys really know how to make classic games! Smash Hit is one of my all time favorite iOS experiences and now you've gone and made another!
    You guys also have a great appreciation on how to market too. Give people a big chunk of game for free, then if they want to jump in, pay for premium.

Mediocre are good people! :)

3. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    ok, got it! It's 4th stage (marked as No.3 because the 1st one is actually tutorial) and it's unlocked when you successfully navigate car 7/15 to its destination. Now it's significantly more "user friendly", if I'd like to avoid term easier;) This is such amazing feature, brings totally different approach to whole planning. Amazing, I just love it! Once again, thanks for bringing this to my attention!

4. Zero Ehxe

Zero Ehxe Active Member

Sep 16, 2014
    Always happy to help.

5. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Thanks to "practice" option I was able to increase my starting time for the previously finished stage from 62 to 128 seconds! LOL, what a priceless feature! If I was the developer and wanted to make this game hardcore, I'd put this feature to the very last stage as a reward for beating the game for the first time. It'd increase the replay-ability value even more. Anyway, I'm still in the 4th stage only and having so much fun with the game. Definitely my GOTW for this week. Very well done, Mediocre!

6. Zero Ehxe

Zero Ehxe Active Member

Sep 16, 2014
    My first thought on that is it would make the beginning too hard, and if you can complete the game on that hard mode without it then the replayability would actually go down because a second run through would be too easy. I think it should be available from the beginning and a hard mode run would just start the first stage with less time.

All of which is pointless until they implement Game Center for score comparisons and achievements. Then an endless mode and ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.

7. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    No, you're not! I'll tell ya, Mediocre does not make mediocre games at all! They make great, classic kick--ass games! No surprise for us in the know! Definitely gonna download this one in a few minutes!:D

8. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Always love your games, man! Thanks for making an Android version also! Dig it!

9. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Congratulations to be a "BEST NEW GAMES" from AppStore this week. :)

10. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    yeah, I didn't realize there's no leaderboards and achievements on the GameCenter, my bad. Unlocking practice feature as the very last thing is pointless without leaderboards. Only replay-ability value would be increasing the scores, but what's the point if there's no one to compare them with? But I believe the developer brings GC support in the next update, it's just inevitable.

11. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    The little blurb about each person cracks me up. Excellent game.

12. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Loved the Mrs. Smith reference!

13. Nergal

Nergal Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2014
    This game plays and controls so smoothly and better then 90% of all the top down driving games. Making it free to "try" was the smartest decision. After playing the game I need premium now, great game all around.

14. Zero Ehxe

Zero Ehxe Active Member

Sep 16, 2014
    Congrats on the GotW win ##

15. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Are my eyes playing tricks on me or does this game have day/night and weather cycles?

Sorry if this has already been answered, but i've not been following the thread.

Well worth the pittance i paid for it. A bit disappointed the voice acting from the trailer is nowhere to be found, though.

Unless it's unlocked later.

This game is bananas awesome!:)

16. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I downloaded this and bought the IAP before even playing because of how great Smash Hit was.

17. Samulaan

Samulaan Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Bali
    Nice original concept with tried and tested gameplay. Recommended!

18. Initial impressions, really like it. Shows there are still clever original ideas out there to be implemented. Most likely will unlock the premium game. Do people know if it has a good amount of length to it? I think I made it through 4 check points or so...

19. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I think there are around 8-9 checkpoints. The problem is that you begin the checkpoint with the remaining time you achieved in the previous section. So you have to improve your first runs if you expect to finish the last sections. I had 80 seconds at first in checkpoint 3, so I retried the first two sections to improve my time, and now I begin section 3 with 136 seconds. Nice game, with lots of replayability because of this time improvement you need.

20. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Straight into the "never delete" folder. What a gem.