Does iTunes backup save game progress?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Geertyy, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Geertyy

Geertyy Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2013
    I would like to restore my iPad to factory settings to see if some new free space will open up. But does the backup save my progress in the games I have right now?

2. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    If the apps are iCloud enabled then yes but if they are not then no

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I've always found it a bit hit/miss

I've got about 500 games installed, got a new phone a month ago. I dont normally bother with cloud saves etc.

Some games (Eg First touch soccer) worked fine as i'm about 8 seasons in and didnt want to lose my data.

Others (Walking Dead) seemed to reset (this was one i should have set cloud saving on i presume)

But for other games it was a bit 50/50, some automatically resumed where i left off, others didnt

4. Geertyy

Geertyy Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2013
    #4 Geertyy, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
    Thank you both for answering. I guess I won't do it then, because losing my progress would really be sad. Guess I'll have to keep coping with the memory problem. Didn't know 16GB would be filled so quickly beforehand. My next iPad will probably be a bit bigger ;)

Edit: I still did it, now that I found out that using icloud is a lot easier than I thought and a lot of apps use it. Hopefully it saved my progress. Thanks again!

5. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Just play the game till the end and then delete it. Otherwise you will find yourself in "so many games to play and too bored to play any of them" hell.