iPad Does anyone remember "Ski Free"?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Indy, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Indy

Indy Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    Why hasn't someone attempted to make a version for the iphone or something very very similar?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SkiFree

Seems like it would not be hard at all graphics wise (colored in stick figures anyone?) and controls could either be optional tilt or finger at the bottom touch screen control. Option for landscape mode vise versa?

Maybe this could be added on to that GameLab or whatever it was called.

Just a thought. Thought it might make a great little 99 cent app.

:rolleyes:

2. mikec24red

mikec24red Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008

Theres an app right now thats sorta similar to ski free. Its called snowball runner. The concept is similar, just that you are a snowball instead of a skier.

3. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    no i want ski free! i had forgotten about it but i love it and it would be great for iphone

4. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    :) If it was .99 cents many people would be confused by the title.

Good idea though.

5. mikec24red

mikec24red Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    haha, good point

6. theishkid

theishkid Well-Known Member

well I'm sure someone will come up with a great original name for this app... probably something like iski

7. DukeofAnkh

DukeofAnkh Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Melbourne
    Much as there is the nostalgia factor, I probably wouldn't pay for this app. I'd get it if it were free. Why? The computer version from way back was free, so why should we have to pay now? Also, it's not as though it's a very complex app. And you die within a few minutes from the yeti-that-looks-like-a-robot...

8. Indy

Indy Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    Hahaha, the 'ol yeti, I remember him well.

Maybe they could upgrade it a bit with a few power ups. When you get to the yeti you could throw snowballs or something to ward him off.

9. fpugirl

fpugirl Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2008
    South Bay CA
    Wow totally a game I played when I was younger...so, so long ago! It would be fun for a little bit...I would probably only pick it up if it was free because I don't see myself spending a ton of time on it. As as someone else mentioned, it was free on the PC.