Does anyone have a SlovoEd dictionary?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by organerito, Jan 28, 2009.

1. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Is it worth it?

2. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    25 bucks? oh well, I would seriously consider the reviews in the appstore. App looks pretty good from screenshots

3. organerito

Nov 24, 2008
    There are none.

4. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Most people just go to dictionary.com on their iphone. and we touch users don't really need it. and without cut and paste, a lot of functionality is lost.

5. Rozzwell

Rozzwell Active Member

Nov 28, 2008
    NOOOOO!!!!!

I have the Polish SlovoEd dictionary and it's definitely the worst app I've paid for so far.

No definitions are given, no guide to usage. For example Type in the word 'train' and it returns over 20 Polish words, and you're left to guess which one is one you're looking for.

Not sure which dictionary you're looking at, but look at the screenshots and see if it actually gives definitions, not just word pairs. If you can't see any, don't buy.

If you're looking for a Spanish dictionary try the Collins/Ultralingua one, it's excellent and I would recommend it.

6. Rozzwell

Rozzwell Active Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Why don't we touch users need dictionaries? Not sure if I understand you.

7. organerito

Nov 24, 2008
    Thank you, I'll pass. I was thinking about buying the either the French or Spanish packs. I'll take a look at Ultralingua, then.

8. Well I want to get the SlovoEd Japanese one which is $10 but there is also an Oxford one $15 which has same amount of definitions and pronunciations. I've tried contacting the company but haven't heard anything back as to what the difference is.